Dyno

Default Alpine 7998 MP3 Playback Problems - Constant Glitches

I have recently bought a 7998 and am having problems in getting MP3
CD's to work. I have ripped my cds at 256Kb/s VBR using the LAME
encoder, then using Nero (with many different settings) to burn the
cd.

Every time i try to play the mp3s from the discs, all i hear is a very
glitchy version of the songs. I have tried so many different things
to try to get this to work, but unsuccessfully.

Things like, changing the CDR's to a higher quality disc, changing the
burn settings etc.

Has anyone experienced these problems? Or have any idea how I can
solve my problems?

Thanks in advance,

Dyno
CJK

check your burner, I had a bad burner once that burned data perfect, but
could not burn MP3s to save its life. I would get someone you know to burn
an MP3 cd on their machine and see how it sounds

Christian

"Dyno" wrote in message
om...
I have recently bought a 7998 and am having problems in getting MP3
CD's to work. I have ripped my cds at 256Kb/s VBR using the LAME
encoder, then using Nero (with many different settings) to burn the
cd.

Every time i try to play the mp3s from the discs, all i hear is a very
glitchy version of the songs. I have tried so many different things
to try to get this to work, but unsuccessfully.

Things like, changing the CDR's to a higher quality disc, changing the
burn settings etc.

Has anyone experienced these problems? Or have any idea how I can
solve my problems?

Thanks in advance,

Dyno

FHLH002

check your burner. update to the latest firmware if you can.
Also... I find CHEAP media doesn't work well in my 9813. So I stick with TDK
CDRs and have had NO problems.

FHLH....also.. don't burn at 48x.... use 24X or less.

"Dyno" wrote in message
om...
I have recently bought a 7998 and am having problems in getting MP3
CD's to work. I have ripped my cds at 256Kb/s VBR using the LAME
encoder, then using Nero (with many different settings) to burn the
cd.

Every time i try to play the mp3s from the discs, all i hear is a very
glitchy version of the songs. I have tried so many different things
to try to get this to work, but unsuccessfully.

Things like, changing the CDR's to a higher quality disc, changing the
burn settings etc.

Has anyone experienced these problems? Or have any idea how I can
solve my problems?

Thanks in advance,

Dyno

Dyno

Finally, I upgraded the firmware of my cd burner which cuts out most
of the jumps on the mp3s. The odd one is still there which is a bit
annoying. Never mind!

Thanks all who helped!

Rilian wrote in message ...
I know this isn't much help, but I've had a 7998 for a year, and it's
played every mp3 I've thrown at it without a problem. It does
occasionally "fart" between tracks though. I've used a few different
burners at various burning speeds and disc brands with no problems.

I never use VBR, but I doubt that's your problem.

(Dyno) wrote in news:82090bf6.0407101515.6a58a6e6
@posting.google.com: