Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] jschmuhl@aol.com is offline

Default strobe light on Thorens TD-125 Mk II turntable won't light

After nearly 33 years of faithful service the strobe light will not
light. The turntable runs fine otherwise. Assuming the light
bulb/lamp has burned out, can it be replaced? If so, where can I get a
new light (if they're still available)? My understanding is that it's
messy to replace (a lamp soldered on the PC board I believe). I guess
I can use the turntable wirthout the strobe light working (and use
strobe discs to adjust the speed) but I'd really like to have it
working. Many thanks for the help/comments.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] jschmuhl@aol.com is offline

I think the subject of this message should be changed to "Need strobe
lens for Thorens TD 125 Mk II turntable". I just took the turntables
off to examine the light and discovered that the strobe lens is broken.
Since the light is held by pressure to its contacts by the lens and
since the lens is broken, the light will not work. I'm going to try to
glue the lens back together (with expoxy glue?) but if that doesn't
work is there a lens out there that I can get? The light, it turns
out, still works fine. Many thanks again. PS: I would still like to
get a light to have on hand just in case I really do need it some time.