Posted to rec.audio.pro
Robb Scott Robb Scott is offline

Default A Serious, nay...Life-And-Death Audio Issue.

OK, there's a lot going on in the world. Debt Ceilings, Uprisings
against cruel Arab Dictators, the possibility of yet another season of
Jersey Shore. Serious Times, indeed. However...

My headphones are starting to smell like cheese. Old cheese. Really, I
wear these things a lot, and it's been hot in New England recently, and
well...HOW DO I GET THE FRIGGIN' FUNK OUTA THESE THINGS? Christ, they
reek like un-washed teenager feet. It's getting to the point where I
HAVE to wear them because the airtight seal keeps the odor from
escaping, and this makes me look like a dork when the JWs come around to
discuss Jesus and suffer my über-clever-clever taunting. Any hints?
FWIW, they're Senny HD 280 Pros....
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Robb Scott wrote:

OK, there's a lot going on in the world. Debt Ceilings, Uprisings
against cruel Arab Dictators, the possibility of yet another season of
Jersey Shore. Serious Times, indeed. However...

My headphones are starting to smell like cheese. Old cheese. Really, I
wear these things a lot, and it's been hot in New England recently, and
well...HOW DO I GET THE FRIGGIN' FUNK OUTA THESE THINGS? Christ, they
reek like un-washed teenager feet. It's getting to the point where I
HAVE to wear them because the airtight seal keeps the odor from
escaping, and this makes me look like a dork when the JWs come around to
discuss Jesus and suffer my über-clever-clever taunting. Any hints?
FWIW, they're Senny HD 280 Pros....

What have you tried? Have you tried wiping them down well with a damp
rag?

If you can't get 'em clean you might be able to replace the cushions.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Marc Wielage[_2_] Marc Wielage[_2_] is offline

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 16:22:42 -0700, Robb Scott wrote
(in article ):

My headphones are starting to smell like cheese. Old cheese. Really, I
wear these things a lot, and it's been hot in New England recently, and
well...HOW DO I GET THE FRIGGIN' FUNK OUTA THESE THINGS?
------------------------------snip------------------------------

HD280's? Buy some replacement cushions for $19:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352735-
REG/Sennheiser_085733_H_85733_Ear_Cushions.html

--MFW

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Robb Scott wrote:

OK, there's a lot going on in the world. Debt Ceilings, Uprisings
against cruel Arab Dictators, the possibility of yet another season of
Jersey Shore. Serious Times, indeed. However...

My headphones are starting to smell like cheese. Old cheese. Really, I
wear these things a lot, and it's been hot in New England recently, and
well...HOW DO I GET THE FRIGGIN' FUNK OUTA THESE THINGS? Christ, they
reek like un-washed teenager feet. It's getting to the point where I
HAVE to wear them because the airtight seal keeps the odor from
escaping, and this makes me look like a dork when the JWs come around to
discuss Jesus and suffer my über-clever-clever taunting. Any hints?
FWIW, they're Senny HD 280 Pros....

Is the smell from the cup or from the foam pad?

You could use some of the microphone ball cleaner on the foam pads, or Lysol.
Markertek carries the microphone foam windscreen cleaner.

the life of an audio cd fogdog Audio Opinions 192 April 5th 06 01:34 PM
tnka ya massa,you spoke my name!or-"everything I need in life is that I see my name on the net" or-"virtual life is more than life" Choky Vacuum Tubes 0 March 9th 05 05:24 AM
Audio Snake Oil Dies Another Death Arny Krueger Audio Opinions 3 December 10th 04 12:04 PM
life/death of tubes Arpit Vacuum Tubes 5 October 9th 03 07:13 AM
A Day in the Life of Jupiter Audio Bob Morein Audio Opinions 17 September 9th 03 09:11 PM