Posted to rec.audio.pro
TimPerry TimPerry is offline

Default PEAVEY P.A. SET UP

hank alrich wrote:
Willie K. Yee, MD wrote:

You could start by reading all the manuals for the equipment you
list. Most of them have instructions on how to hook stuff up. If you
do not have the manuals, you can probably find them online.

Dig George Gleason's reply from AAPL-S:

"BRIAN HOOK OUTPUTS TO INPUTS
"THE SIGNAL CHAIN STARTS AT THE MIC AND ENDS AT THE SPEAKER
"GEORGE"

i prefer hooking inputs to outputs or a goesinta to a comesoutta.

in this case Brian should read the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook 6
times then if he has any remaining questions post them.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] JBMFLOORS@COMCAST.NET is offline

HI, MY NAME IS BRIAN, AND I RECENTLY BOUGHT AN ENTIRE P.A. SYSTEM
FROM SOMEONE AND IT IS BARELY A YEAR OLD.
BEFORE I GO ON, LET ME SAY THIS. SORRY ABOUT THE' ALL
CAPS', I AM A TERRIBLE TYPIST, AND SWITCHING BACK AND FORTH WOULD
DRIVE ME NUTS.
I AM KNEW AT THIS, SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME.
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS THIS; HOW IN THE HELL DO I HOOK
UP ALL THIS STUFF?
I AM GOING TO BE USING IT FOR LIVE SOUND, AND I GUESS I
NEED TO HOOK IT UP IN MONO, INSTEAD OF STEREO.
HERE IS A LIST OF ALL THE EQUIPMENT THAT I HAVE, AND I
WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME, OR EVEN A LINK TO A
SITE THAT WILL EXPLAIN IT STEP BY STEP , FOR AN IDIOT SUCH AS MYSELF,
HERE IS THE LIST

1. (1) PEAVEY RQ4323C MIXING BOARD

2. (1) PEAVEY PV1500 POWER AMP

3. (2) PEAVEY CS2000 POWER AMPS

4. (1) PEAVEY Q231FX EQUALIZER

5. (1) PEAVEY KOSMOS SUB HARMONIC GENERATOR

6. (1) BEHRINGER MULTIGATE PRO

7. (2) PEAVEY QW 2F MAIN SPEAKERS

8. (2) PEAVEY QW 118 SUB CABS

9. (3) PEAVEY SP 115 FLOOR MONITORS

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE
ME.

THANKS,

BRIAN

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 11, 6:30 pm, wrote:

I AM KNEW AT THIS, SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME.
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS THIS; HOW IN THE HELL DO I HOOK
UP ALL THIS STUFF?

That's asking an awful lot for free. See what you can learn from the
manuals. You might want to get a copy the Mackie Compact Mixer
Reference Guide:

http://www.mackie.com/support/compactmixer/index.html

It's published by Mackie (and written a lot by me) but it's general
enough to apply to any system.

Find someone in your area who has some PA gear and ask him or her to
come over and give you a hand. See what all the knobs do. Make
diagrams and take notes. You'll catch on.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.opinion
Richard Kuschel Richard Kuschel is offline

On Mar 11, 8:59 pm, Robert Morein wrote:
Why don't you call Peavey, you stupid moron.

Another dickhead named Brian. . . .

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

That's pretty harsh for someone who asks as many questions as you do.

To the OP-- Peavey has most of the owner's manuals on line.

The best thing to do is start with a basic hookup with the main line
outs of the mixing board (NOT POWERED) (I couldn't find that model on
the Peavey site) to one of the power amps and to the speakers. Do NOT
send a powered output designed for speakers to anything but speakers,
you will blow up whatever you plug it into and possiby damage the
amplifier.

Hook the aux sends to a power amp and the monitor speakers.

Leave the subharmonic synthesizer out of the equation untill you get a
better understanding of what it does and how to couple it with a power
amp and the subs.

The suggestion to read the Yamaha book is excellent and if you read
the owner's manuals and the Yamaha book, you will better understand
how the signal paths work.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.opinion

On Mar 12, 4:09 pm, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"Richard Kuschel" wrote in message

ups.com... On Mar 11, 8:59 pm, Robert Morein wrote:
Why don't you call Peavey, you stupid moron.

Another dickhead named Brian. . . .

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

That's pretty harsh for someone who asks as many questions as you do.

Richard, it's a forgery. And I agree, a most cruel one.

But "at least" this forger Brian admitted that he's a dickhead.

That's progress, isn't it?

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.opinion
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Mar 12, 3:55 pm, "Richard Kuschel" wrote:
[...]

Richard:

Those of us who have the entire Morein coterie killfiled only see this
drivel when some poor benighted fool answers it (that would be you).

Best to let the entire collection fester untouched.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.opinion
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Richard Kuschel wrote:

On Mar 11, 8:59 pm, Robert Morein actually did not write:
Why don't you call Peavey, you stupid moron.

Another dickhead named Brian. . . .

That's pretty harsh for someone who asks as many questions as you do.

But the post came from buzzardnews.com, which isn't Bob's news access.
It's his Austraylyun nemesis ****ing things up again with a forgery.
It's important for us to check the headers anytime what one is reading
doesn't seem to fit well with Bob's style, even if he does ask lots of
questions.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] machine_nine@yahoo.com is offline

On Mar 11, 11:59 pm, Robert Morein wrote:
Why don't you call Peavey, you stupid moron.

Another dickhead named Brian. . . .

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

Bob, I think you spelled your last name incorrectly.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.opinion

On Mar 12, 4:53 pm, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"hank alrich" wrote in message

Richard Kuschel wrote:

On Mar 11, 8:59 pm, Robert Morein actually did not write:
Why don't you call Peavey, you stupid moron.

Another dickhead named Brian. . . .

That's pretty harsh for someone who asks as many questions as you do.

But the post came from buzzardnews.com, which isn't Bob's news access.
It's his Austraylyun nemesis ****ing things up again with a forgery.
It's important for us to check the headers anytime what one is reading
doesn't seem to fit well with Bob's style, even if he does ask lots of
questions.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam

Hank, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
(even if I DO ask a lot of questions

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

Sorry Bob, I typed the reply and didn't even consider the possibility
of a forgery until after I sent it. I should have known this.

kind regards.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.opinion
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

soundhaspriority wrote:

!news.buzzardnews.com!not-for-mail

Which is the source of the actualo forgeries.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam

WTB: Peavey VMP-2 [email protected] Marketplace 0 May 12th 06 01:26 AM
Peavey VMP-2 Daniel Fox Pro Audio 16 November 5th 05 03:35 AM
fs peavey amp $100 hydebee Marketplace 0 October 11th 05 05:48 PM
Peavey VMP-2 vs Art Pro Mpa jon Pro Audio 0 September 7th 04 11:12 PM
F.S. Peavey VMP-2 Mic Pre Bobby Owsinski Pro Audio 10 May 20th 04 01:12 AM