raker raker is offline
Junior Member

Default Replacement Stylii

Hi.
I'm new here so please forgive me if this question has been asked or answered before.
I have a Dual turntable model 506 which I'm fond of.
I need to replace the stylus but can't find an original anywhere and am faced with purchasing a copy.
The firm i see mentioned the most is 'The Diamond Stylus Company'
I maybe have an unreasonable predjudice here as the only two copy styluses I've bought in the past turned out to be useless. They were for a Sure cartridge in the 70's and were bought at Tandy.
I'm on a tight budget and live in Aberdeen where there are no second hand hi fi shops so basically my choices are
1. copy stylus
2. Somehow adapt the arm to take a cartridge with a standard 1/2" fitting
3. Goldring gr 1.2 turntable / debut iii

I feel there are too many possibilities for chaos with ebay so that's not an option.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated - the heart of the matter is to preserve my vinyl collection whilst still being able to enjoy it.
Raker