A Audio and hi-fi forum. AudioBanter.com

Go Back   Home » AudioBanter.com forum » rec.audio » Pro Audio
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

How to play CDs in new cars...



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old June 12th 21, 01:45 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 42
Default How to play CDs in new cars...

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:14:51 PM UTC-4, Tobiah wrote:
> On 6/10/2021 5:58 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
> > On 6/10/2021 12:23 PM, Tobiah wrote:
> >> It's definitely time to drop the CD's. There is really no need for
> >> mechanical storage anymore.

> >
> > Sure there is. You can take it with you and you know where it is.
> > Take care of your CDs and they'll last the rest of your life. No need
> > to access the Internet to put data there and then take it out.

> This might be fine if your want to take 5 CD's in the car and put
> them in a visor case, but fumbling with a CD at all is really a
> necessity of the past.
> > Copy 100 hours of music files to your phone and you'll be entertained
> > for a long, but without a good data base you won't be able to find a
> > specific song if you want it.

> For me, it's just "Hey Google, play Dark Side of the Moon", and it's there.
>
> Also, "play classic rock from the '70s", or "play lute music". The AI
> is getting freakishly good, and it's time to embrace the new way.

___________

You 'embrace' whatever way you want to, and I'll embrace my
way. How's that sound, Mr. Y?
Ads
  #22  
Old June 13th 21, 10:41 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,820
Default How to play CDs in new cars...

On 11/06/2021 10:18 pm, geoff wrote:
> On 11/06/2021 6:01 pm, Trevor wrote:
>> On 11/06/2021 8:36 am, geoff wrote:
>>> On 11/06/2021 4:23 am, Tobiah wrote:

>>
>>>> You can download as much as you
>>>> like to your device for ***offline*** listening.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Not as lot of use if you are driving beyond interweb coverage.

>>
>> Did you really miss this or just not bother reading?


>
> *Not talking to you. Talking to the OP. This thread is not about you ...


HaHa. So you dont know how usenet works either then. Or how to use email
if you want a private conversation!



  #23  
Old June 13th 21, 10:52 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,820
Default How to play CDs in new cars...

On 11/06/2021 10:51 pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 6/11/2021 2:10 AM, Trevor wrote:
>>>
>>> Copy 100 hours of music files to your phone and you'll be entertained
>>> for a long, but without a good data base you won't be able to find a
>>> specific song if you want it. That's easier to do with CDs.

>>
>> HAHA. FAR easier to query search for a song in an automatically
>> generated database of perhaps thousands of songs, than it is to search
>> through hundreds of CD's manually!!!

>
> How often to you (or anyone) search for a single song?


er weren't YOU the one who said you "won't be able to find a specific
song if you want it"?


> When I want to do
> that, maybe a few times a year, I go to the Internet. And usually the
> song I'm seeking is something that isn't on CD, or at least on one of my
> own CDs anyway.


Always check my own database first, have most of what I will ever want,
and takes me less time than checking the internet. The database is
updated with one click.

>
> But this is a matter of how you choose to listen to music.


Yep, in the car I just have a couple of SD cards and rarely search for
anything. I don't have anything on the cards I dont want to listen to.

>
>>> And, as someone else said, if you use cloud storage for your music,
>>> you need a reliable Internet connection, and depending on what kind
>>> of data plan you have, the meter might be running while you're groovin'.

>
>> I simply cant imagine trying to live stream music in a car, or why you
>> would ever want to!

>
> Oh, I do it all the time! It's called "listening to the radio." We have
> a couple of good classical music stations and, at times, jazz stations,
> that can keep my ears occupied and my brain not distracted from driving.


Well I'm happy with what I have already without having to pay data
charges, but we all get to make our own choices. CD's not usually my
choice though!



  #24  
Old June 13th 21, 12:58 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,812
Default How to play CDs in new cars...

On 13/06/2021 9:41 pm, Trevor wrote:
> On 11/06/2021 10:18 pm, geoff wrote:
>> On 11/06/2021 6:01 pm, Trevor wrote:
>>> On 11/06/2021 8:36 am, geoff wrote:
>>>> On 11/06/2021 4:23 am, Tobiah wrote:
>>>
>>>>> You can download as much as you
>>>>> like to your device for ***offline*** listening.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Not as lot of use if you are driving beyond interweb coverage.
>>>
>>> Did you really miss this or just not bother reading?

>
>>
>> **Not talking to you. Talking to the OP. This thread is not about you ...

>
> HaHa. So you dont know how usenet works either then. Or how to use email
> if you want a private conversation!
>
>
>


Try not to be a dick Trev.

geoff
  #25  
Old June 15th 21, 04:16 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,820
Default How to play CDs in new cars...

On 13/06/2021 9:58 pm, geoff wrote:
> On 13/06/2021 9:41 pm, Trevor wrote:
>> On 11/06/2021 10:18 pm, geoff wrote:
>>> On 11/06/2021 6:01 pm, Trevor wrote:
>>>> On 11/06/2021 8:36 am, geoff wrote:
>>>>> On 11/06/2021 4:23 am, Tobiah wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>> You can download as much as you
>>>>>> like to your device for ***offline*** listening.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Not as lot of use if you are driving beyond interweb coverage.
>>>>
>>>> Did you really miss this or just not bother reading?

>>
>>>
>>> **Not talking to you. Talking to the OP. This thread is not about you
>>> ...

>>
>> HaHa. So you dont know how usenet works either then. Or how to use
>> email if you want a private conversation!
>>

>
> Try not to be a dick Trev.



HaHa! YOU should take your own advice first. Prefer to pretend YOU
actually control usenet? LOL.





  #26  
Old June 15th 21, 11:22 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,812
Default How to play CDs in new cars...

On 16/06/2021 3:16 am, Trevor wrote:
> On 13/06/2021 9:58 pm, geoff wrote:
>> On 13/06/2021 9:41 pm, Trevor wrote:
>>> On 11/06/2021 10:18 pm, geoff wrote:
>>>> On 11/06/2021 6:01 pm, Trevor wrote:
>>>>> On 11/06/2021 8:36 am, geoff wrote:
>>>>>> On 11/06/2021 4:23 am, Tobiah wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>> You can download as much as you
>>>>>>> like to your device for ***offline*** listening.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Not as lot of use if you are driving beyond interweb coverage.
>>>>>
>>>>> Did you really miss this or just not bother reading?
>>>
>>>>
>>>> **Not talking to you. Talking to the OP. This thread is not about
>>>> you ...
>>>
>>> HaHa. So you dont know how usenet works either then. Or how to use
>>> email if you want a private conversation!
>>>

>>
>> Try not to be a dick Trev.

>
>
> HaHa! YOU should take your own advice first. Prefer to pretend YOU
> actually control usenet? LOL.


???

Just take a deep breath.

geoff
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New vs Old Cars Bret L Audio Opinions 24 May 6th 10 06:25 AM
HOT CARS jianbabygail Car Audio 2 March 7th 08 05:55 PM
Best cars! Christian ranftl Car Audio 1 May 11th 04 03:30 PM
will mp3 made on NTFS file system play in mp3 players for cars??? CapnGimp Car Audio 1 July 17th 03 05:00 PM
will mp3 made on NTFS file system play in mp3 players for cars??? CapnGimp Car Audio 2 July 14th 03 01:34 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 AudioBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.