Posted to rec.audio.tech
Silverwolf Silverwolf is offline

Default Cross-post: New Holiday Special on the Celtic Myth Podshow

Celtic Myth Podshow Holiday Special Samhain 2008 - Part One - has been
released onto the RSS feed and is available for download from
http://celticmythpodshow.com/episodes.

It’s a good job that Hallowe’en or Samhain is a three day Festival!
What with computers going bang we were beginning to get worried that
we
wouldn’t get this show out. Today, in the UK and most other places
in the world, I think we tend to forget that Hallowe’en means All
Hallow’s Eve, the Night before All Hallows. It wasn’t so long ago,
that All Hallow’s Eve, All Hallows and Hallows End were well known
as the modern Christian descendants of the three days of the old
Celtic Festival.

So, with great pleasure (and some relief), we are pleased to announce
the first part of our Samhain Holiday Special.

We begin to celebrate the festival of the ancestors with some great
music,
an excerpt from the novel Ravenwolf and some very powerful poetry
from
renowned Irish poet Aine Mac Aodha.

There is some great music from Saor Patrol, the Hungry Bentleys and
Sharon Knight. You can find out more about these great artists in our
Contributors section.

The Episode is available for subscribers on the feed, or you can
download
it or listen to it from our Episodes page. You can find the Shownotes
for
this episode in the Shownotes section.

If you come to the site and listen or listen from one of our players -
have
you considered subscribing? It’s easy and you automatically get the
episodes
on your computer when they come out. If you’re unsure about the whole
RSS/Subscribing thing take a look at our Help page.

For those new to the Show:

The Celtic Myth Podshow will tell you ancient tales and legends of
Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Brittany and the Isle of Man
bringing you the bravery of heroes and heroines, the magnificent
pantheon of gods and goddesses and the magic and wonder of druids,
faeries and folklore. It weaves together the rich, beautiful tapestry
of mythological history, battles and sagas of the Celts.

Each podcast lasts approximately 25 mins so sit down, get comfortable
and join us every other week and listen to news, chat and a story from
Celtic Mythology.

Come and join Gary & Ruth and their friends as they tell you the great
stories from Celtic legend. The series is starting with the Book of
Invasions from the Irish Mythological Cycle.

It is also worth saying that these downloads are free, we are a non-
commercial organisation.

Gary
http://celticmythpodshow.com