Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] eerickson_1@yahoo.com is offline

Default McIntosh Driver Board Transistor Replacement

I have a MC2300 in for service with a bad driverboard and need help
locating suitable replacements for an PNP / NPN pair. They're marked
032 922 and 021 909. I can only find a NTE cross reference (and I'm
not going there if I can help it!), NTE297 and 298, respectively. Any
help is appreciated!
Eric

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Considering that you have such a high end amplifier, to me the best
resolve would be to contact McIntosh and buy the original parts.

--

Jerry G.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a MC2300 in for service with a bad driverboard and need help
locating suitable replacements for an PNP / NPN pair. They're marked
032 922 and 021 909. I can only find a NTE cross reference (and I'm
not going there if I can help it!), NTE297 and 298, respectively. Any
help is appreciated!
Eric

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] eerickson_1@yahoo.com is offline

On Feb 19, 7:26 am, Tim Schwartz wrote:

Eric,

The McIntosh part number a

132-021 for Q107 (or 108)

132-032 for Q109 (or 110)

The 132-021 is a 2N3569. The 132-032 is similar to a 2N3645 and
according to my McIntosh info, is an approved replacement.

Later, McIntosh used a MPS-A05 (132-171) and MPS-A55 (132-172) pair as
replacements.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Thanks Tim. I appreciate the info. All the major part houses list
the MPSA05 as a direct replacement for a 2N3569. Furthermore, the
MPSA05 has been superseded by MPSA06. I'll give the 06/56 a try
before searching for the old parts.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Feb 18, 4:41 pm, "Jerry G." wrote:
Considering that you have such a high end amplifier, to me the best
resolve would be to contact McIntosh and buy the original parts.

--

Jerry G.

The parts #'s Tim Schwartz id'ed below are the original parts, less
the proprietary part numbering.
Most of the original parts in this behemoth are completely ordinary,
transformers and filter caps excluded.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 18, 4:41 pm, "Jerry G." wrote:
Considering that you have such a high end amplifier, to me the best
resolve would be to contact McIntosh and buy the original parts.

The parts #'s Tim Schwartz id'ed below are the original parts, less
the proprietary part numbering.
Most of the original parts in this behemoth are completely ordinary,
transformers and filter caps excluded.

Yes I'm often amazed how much extra some people will pay for a manufacturer
just to add their badge/logo/numbering :-)

MrT.

walo walo is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Feb 19, 7:26 am, Tim Schwartz wrote:

Eric,

The McIntosh part number a

132-021 for Q107 (or 108)

132-032 for Q109 (or 110)

The 132-021 is a 2N3569. The 132-032 is similar to a 2N3645 and
according to my McIntosh info, is an approved replacement.

Later, McIntosh used a MPS-A05 (132-171) and MPS-A55 (132-172) pair as
replacements.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Thanks Tim. I appreciate the info. All the major part houses list
the MPSA05 as a direct replacement for a 2N3569. Furthermore, the
MPSA05 has been superseded by MPSA06. I'll give the 06/56 a try
before searching for the old parts.
Hi, I have a MAC 1900 Receiver (European Version 220V)
I Have a defective transistor Q-502 on the Power Supply PC Board, the number on the transistor F 032 142 according to Service Manual, Manual not Europe, I think there is not, is the McIntosh part number 032-032
Now my question, it is given the same type as that?

Greets
Walter
from Switzerland
Maxnumar Maxnumar is offline
Banned

Location: USA
Send a message via ICQ to Maxnumar

Will you be testing the Hushpowers, which are made by a subsidiary of Flowmaster? I have them on my Kirkham. Their schpiel claim is that they make more HP i.e, less restrictive and theyre quieter. Thank you.