Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ty Unes Ty Unes is offline

Default Aric Audio Systems? Who?

I find these "Aric Audio Systems" preamps plastered all over EBay. They
look nice. Not sure how they work or sound though. I have Googled to find
"Aric Audio Systems" and cannot find a website, phone number, or even an
email address. Does anyone here know what's up with Aric?
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Aug 13, 4:17 pm, Ty Unes wrote:
I find these "Aric Audio Systems" preamps plastered all over EBay. They
look nice. Not sure how they work or sound though. I have Googled to find
"Aric Audio Systems" and cannot find a website, phone number, or even an
email address. Does anyone here know what's up with Aric?

My guess is that this is the White Van electronics analog to White Van
speakers.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
maxhifi maxhifi is offline

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Aric-Audio-System... QcmdZViewItem

looks like someone is making these in his basement or garage - they don't
look bad at all for the money

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 13, 4:17 pm, Ty Unes wrote:
I find these "Aric Audio Systems" preamps plastered all over EBay. They
look nice. Not sure how they work or sound though. I have Googled to find
"Aric Audio Systems" and cannot find a website, phone number, or even an
email address. Does anyone here know what's up with Aric?

My guess is that this is the White Van electronics analog to White Van
speakers.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Aug 13, 10:50 pm, "maxhifi" wrote:

looks like someone is making these in his basement or garage - they don't
look bad at all for the money

From a 20V switching-supply wall-wart? OK, if you say so.

B+ will be? Although 25dB of gain (if true) ain't bad. But I am still
skeptical.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
maxhifi maxhifi is offline

From a 20V switching-supply wall-wart? OK, if you say so.

I didn't read that part, I thought it was a power cord, and assumed it had a
little power transformer such as the one from AES inside. Unless it has some
kind of voltage doubler inside, which it very well could - no thank you!

B+ will be? Although 25dB of gain (if true) ain't bad. But I am still
skeptical.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ty Unes Ty Unes is offline

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 03:52:33 -0700, Peter Wieck wrote:

On Aug 13, 10:50 pm, "maxhifi" wrote:

looks like someone is making these in his basement or garage - they
don't look bad at all for the money

From a 20V switching-supply wall-wart? OK, if you say so.

B+ will be? Although 25dB of gain (if true) ain't bad. But I am still
skeptical.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

An excellent question. Wish there was a WEBSITE or some other means of
learning more about the unit and how it works. The lack of communication
means to a company or individual seems kinda wonky. Not a big deal. I
would be interested in a unit like this. Would like some tone control as
well so, close but no joy.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
maxhifi maxhifi is offline

"Ty Unes" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 03:52:33 -0700, Peter Wieck wrote:

On Aug 13, 10:50 pm, "maxhifi" wrote:

looks like someone is making these in his basement or garage - they
don't look bad at all for the money

From a 20V switching-supply wall-wart? OK, if you say so.

B+ will be? Although 25dB of gain (if true) ain't bad. But I am still
skeptical.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

An excellent question. Wish there was a WEBSITE or some other means of
learning more about the unit and how it works. The lack of communication
means to a company or individual seems kinda wonky. Not a big deal. I
would be interested in a unit like this. Would like some tone control as
well so, close but no joy.

Why not the ever popular bottlehead product - I don't remember the name, but
it's something similar, cheap, simple, and at least we know for sure it has
a real power supply.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
maxhifi maxhifi is offline

Would like some tone control as
well so, close but no joy.

As for this - buy a graphic eq, and switch it in only when necessary. I
think you'll find you don't need it, and whenever it is needed, you can
tolerate its sonic character. Mine has been collecting dust for a long time.