kishor

Default Challenge - Recording a voice chat

Hello,

I am trying to record voice chat on Windows XP.
For recording speaker output, when i start sound mixture then there is
lot of noise and echo.

Is there any other way to record speaker output.

With Regards,
Kishor

TimPerry

"kishor" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I am trying to record voice chat on Windows XP.
For recording speaker output, when i start sound mixture then there is
lot of noise and echo.

Is there any other way to record speaker output.

With Regards,
Kishor

yes. here is one possible way:

place neumann U87 microphone near $3 PC speaker

hook microphone to Aphex tubessance mic preamp.

hook mic preamp to a vintage orban paragraphic equilizer.

hook equilizer to tascam cassette recorder.

marky

"TimPerry" wrote in message

"kishor" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I am trying to record voice chat on Windows XP.
For recording speaker output, when i start sound mixture then there is
lot of noise and echo.

Is there any other way to record speaker output.

With Regards,
Kishor

yes. here is one possible way:

place neumann U87 microphone near $3 PC speaker

hook microphone to Aphex tubessance mic preamp.

hook mic preamp to a vintage orban paragraphic equilizer.

hook equilizer to tascam cassette recorder.

Hahahahahahahahaha! This reply is absolutely the funniest I've ever read
on usenet. Thanks, Tim!
--
Mark Hicks
Trent Studios

Peter Hill

"kishor" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I am trying to record voice chat on Windows XP.
For recording speaker output, when i start sound mixture then there is
lot of noise and echo.

Is there any other way to record speaker output.

With Regards,
Kishor

yes. here is one possible way:

place neumann U87 microphone near $3 PC speaker

hook microphone to Aphex tubessance mic preamp.

hook mic preamp to a vintage orban paragraphic equilizer.

hook equilizer to tascam cassette recorder.

Or two U87s to do it in stereo. I do that all the time, is there another
way?

Hee hee, nice one Kishor.

Fletch

Mike Rivers wrote:
In article . com writes:

I am trying to record voice chat on Windows XP.
For recording speaker output, when i start sound mixture then there is
lot of noise and echo.

You might try Total Recorder. It can record the output of a sound card
directly. There's a trial version that inserts a blast of noise in the
recording every 60 seconds, but that's good enough to see if it will
take an input from your chat software. It's only $12 and you might
find it handy for other things, too.

http://www.totalrecorder.com

I concur. Total Recorder is a great tool. I use it all the time to put stereo mixes into the
computer to send to people (after compressing with Winzip).

And if you get a DDL for mp3's, you can record in that format as well, choosing the compression and
sample rate you want to use.

--fletch