Posted to rec.audio.car
Gunz4me Gunz4me is offline

Default Adding a subwoofer to the factory sound system

Greets group,

I have a dilemma right now. I would like to add a subwoofer to my 2007
Honda Accord Sedan that came with the 180 watt "premium" (yeah right)
sound system. I can't decide if I want to go with a 8" Bazooka bass
tube, a pair of 8" JL Audio Subs, or a single 10" solobaric. My main
concern right now is that I will add the subwoofer, then the factory
speakers will not be enough, so I will end up replacing them, adding
more amps, and spending more money and so on. Also, I really don't care
for the idea of adding a LOC to the factory head unit because I know
from experience that pre-amp outputs are the way to go.

So I guess my main question for you installers out there is have you
ever seen a customer satisfied with just adding a subwoofer to their
factory sound system?
Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On May 7, 12:00 am, Gunz4me wrote:

So I guess my main question for you installers out there is have you
ever seen a customer satisfied with just adding a subwoofer to their
factory sound system?

Yes, those who have low expectations and no money to spend. The
problem inevitably becomes one of the subwoofer sounding "good" (where
"good" means "better than having none at all"), but the factory
speakers don't produce enough midbass without distortion to match the
subwoofer...so such installations typically wind up sounding a bit
muddy.

Car audio upgrade fever is just like a sexually transmitted disease--
the only sure way not to get bitten by it is to abstain altogether.

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
Gunz4me Gunz4me is offline

D.Kreft wrote:
On May 7, 12:00 am, Gunz4me wrote:

So I guess my main question for you installers out there is have you
ever seen a customer satisfied with just adding a subwoofer to their
factory sound system?

Yes, those who have low expectations and no money to spend. The
problem inevitably becomes one of the subwoofer sounding "good" (where
"good" means "better than having none at all"), but the factory
speakers don't produce enough midbass without distortion to match the
subwoofer...so such installations typically wind up sounding a bit
muddy.

Car audio upgrade fever is just like a sexually transmitted disease--
the only sure way not to get bitten by it is to abstain altogether.

-dan

Ahh yes, such wise words. Every time I start out dinking around with
car audio, it is NEVER enough. Several thousand dollars later, the
system sounds great, then I sell the car. After that, it is back to
square one all over again.

I refuse to abstain from sex though!

Adding base/sub-woofer to a good sound system VR6 Car Audio 3 January 6th 07 06:45 PM
Chrysler factory amplified sound system wiring Seversonic Car Audio 1 August 27th 05 12:54 AM
Adding Subwoofer to Honda Civic factory stereo Mark Adams Car Audio 2 December 19th 04 07:58 AM
Adding a subwoofer PW Car Audio 0 July 20th 04 03:58 PM
adding an Eq to factory HDU LAVALLE Car Audio 2 April 1st 04 05:31 AM