Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] mikesmith9999@hotmail.com is offline

Default Smoke coming out of my CD player

I drove on a very damaged portion of the road today, and the the sound
of the CD player started having problems. Suddenly smoke came out of
the player for about 10 seconds. I removed the face of the CD player.
Should I bring my car to a mechanic or a car radio expert? Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Apr 14, 11:22 am, "
wrote:
I drove on a very damaged portion of the road today, and the the sound
of the CD player started having problems. Suddenly smoke came out of
the player for about 10 seconds. I removed the face of the CD player.
Should I bring my car to a mechanic or a car radio expert? Thanks.

The problem isn't with your engine, it's your radio that's FUBAR.

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
Member02[_7_] Member02[_7_] is offline

sounds like your cd player shorted inside somewhere.

chances are, repairs will cost as much as a new cd player, or more
even, so I suggest shopping for a new one.

--
Member02
Posted to rec.audio.car
John[_13_] John[_13_] is offline

Put the faceplate back on and try it, but I'm guessing it is toast if
you actually saw and smelled smoke.

--
John
Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] mikesmith9999@hotmail.com is offline

On Apr 14, 3:18 pm, John
wrote:
Put the faceplate back on and try it, but I'm guessing it is toast if
you actually saw and smelled smoke.

--
John

I put back the faceplate, and it shows normal. I can put in a CD and I
can chose whatever song I want, but no sound. The ampli is toasted?

Posted to rec.audio.car
John[_16_] John[_16_] is offline

That would make sense, but it may not be a total loss if it has preouts
that still work...you could then just buy an external amp.

What type of CD player, model, etc...?

--
John
Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] mikesmith9999@hotmail.com is offline

I've decided not to do anything right now as I'm looking at buying
another used car.

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] mikesmith9999@hotmail.com is offline

I've decided to forget about the whole thing as I'm looking at buying
another used card.

Its all smoke and mirrors. Ro Tech 4 September 27th 06 12:52 PM
Its all smoke and mirrors. Ro Tech 0 September 26th 06 03:02 PM
HELP! Smoke from amplifier J Car Audio 1 January 3rd 05 12:05 AM
Getting smoke smell out of mic? andrewunix Pro Audio 15 April 8th 04 04:49 AM
Smoke one for my wife. Doofy Audio Opinions 0 August 19th 03 05:23 AM