Kerr-McCosh

Old April 2nd 18, 03:28 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Kerr-McCosh

On Sunday, 29 April 2007 09:09:02 UTC+1, Bret Ludwig wrote:
> Talk to me, English experts. Tell me all about it.

James Kerr built amplifiers which could stand conditions abroad and were much in use by colonial expats - hence retaining the Valve! The Retail business was run by his partner Ted MacCosh (hence the name)and included Record sales (under Tony Austin) and upmarket Hifi (run by Tom Simmons) with closed circuit sound systems being installed in many landed estates' "Big houses" installed by Hugh Coulter (sometime Glasgow taxi-driver!)