Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
please post.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 11:20:48 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
please post.

You have warrantees to cover this sort of thing. Why did you buy a
second one?

Cool effect, by the way.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY

please post.

I bought the 1st one USED. Problem appears at random times for no apparent reason.
I though it was bad unit, so I got the second one BRAND NEW!
Surprise! Exactly the SAME PROBLEM AGAIN.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

wrote in message

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY

please post.

I bought the 1st one USED. Problem appears at random times for no apparent
reason.
I though it was bad unit, so I got the second one BRAND NEW!
Surprise! Exactly the SAME PROBLEM AGAIN.

So send it back, you'll get a new one, it is under warranty.
3 years, I believe, if you can be bothered to register it.

What exactly is your problem?

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY

please post.

Look at the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
It is 100% design flaw.
There is nothing any bench technician can do unless the FX chip or entire motherboard is upgraded.
I emailed Behringer about upgrade and got only auto-response.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

Exactly the same problem in 3 different units? Because of bad solder joint?
All bought far apart in time!
Far out!
I have 2 of them:
RX1202FX (Serial # N1000158486, Date Code 1001)
RX1202FX (Serial # S1006617486, Date Code 1012)
with EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!

No pots or sliders or switches on the unit have ANY EFFECT ON THE PROBLEM (tried every single one 100x). Only FX master knob even on min volume (And master volume slider, of course).
Stores do not stock them and trying one in the store won't work since the problem appears intermittently for no apparent reason.

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY

please post.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

skrev i en meddelelse

Exactly the same problem in 3 different units? Because of bad solder
joint?
All bought far apart in time!
Far out!
I have 2 of them:
RX1202FX (Serial # N1000158486, Date Code 1001)
RX1202FX (Serial # S1006617486, Date Code 1012)
with EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!

No pots or sliders or switches on the unit have ANY EFFECT ON THE PROBLEM
(tried every single one 100x). Only FX master knob even on min volume (And
master volume slider, of course).
Stores do not stock them and trying one in the store won't work since the
problem appears intermittently for no apparent reason.

Send in for warranty repair then or return for a refund and move on in your
life.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY

please post.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
jason jason is offline

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 07:26:19 +0100 "Peter Larsen"
wrote in article

skrev i en meddelelse

[...]

I took a look at the YouTube video. There's a recent (4 hours old)
comment from a user "berhinger" promising help.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 7/29/2013 8:15 AM, Les Cargill wrote:

Software isn't intermittent.

Yes, it is. Frequently.

No, it isn't. The environment is intermittent.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 7/29/2013 8:15 AM, Les Cargill wrote:

Software isn't intermittent.

Yes, it is. Frequently.

No, it isn't. The environment is intermittent.

*Sigh* Software can be, and frequently is intermittent.
Trust me on this...

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro

skrev i en meddelelse

Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY

please post.

You say that the world pro is on the box, so it is pro. Sorry, that is not
how the world is, if the word is on the box then it is most likely the only
pro about it. Behringer consistently makes some good products, but it is a
budget brand, and what budget brands save on is always button and switch or
connector quality ...

Some people are oompatible with buying Behringer stuff, you do not seem to
be one of them.

Go for Soundcraft instead.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY

please post.

3 units with the exactly the SAME PROBLEM?
Doesn't look like "button and switch or connector quality" problem.
That is definitely design flaw!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY

please post.

Yes 3 of them!
I have 2 of them:
RX1202FX (Serial # N1000158486, Date Code 1001)
RX1202FX (Serial # S1006617486, Date Code 1012)

And when I posted the problem on Behriner users forum another guy reported EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!
http://forum.behringer.com/showthrea...-with-RX1202FX

The unit I bought brand new just ran out of warranty, so I am stuck with 2 lemmons from Behringer.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

On 7/29/2013 10:40 AM, wrote:

And when I posted the problem on Behriner users forum another guy
reported EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM! The unit I bought brand new just ran
out of warranty, so I am stuck with 2 lemmons from Behringer.

You got a response (two, actually) from a customer support person at
Behringer. They want your unit (or units) to study the problem. Don't
worry about them being just out of warranty. Get them into the hands of
the people who can help. They aren't doing you any good, and we sure
can't help you.

If you didn't get a useful reply from
try again.
Point them to the forum thread and ask where and how to ship your units
off to get the suspicious board replaced. Don't tell them they have a
design problem. There may be a manufacturing engineering problem that
causes the intermittent behavior, and the best way they can fix that is
to study known defective units.

Don't waste your time bitching here, do something pro-active to help
yourself and other users of Behringer products that share the same
effects circuit board.

What Mike said. Keep in mind that one's behavior may generate a positive
or negative response from those capable of offering assistance. A good
attitude and restraint in thinking one is qualified to assess the root
of a problem can go a long way in the direction of satisfactory
resolution.

All Behringer kit is not created alike. Years ago Behringer replaced a
couple of DEQ2496's I'd installed in a dance studio, which failed just
out of warranty. The replacement units are still working, as are the
others that were installed. This is roughly six years of 12 to 16 hour
days, 360+ days a year.

A wide variety of causes may underlie this type of repeated failure. The
Great Capacitor Formula Robbery comes to mind, a situation that affected
electronics of very many types from lots of manufacturers, for a long
time.

Diagnosis is unlikely if one does not have the failed examples to
examine. Short of that it's guesswork, and welcome to the innernut.

--
shut up and play your guitar *
http://hankalrich.com/
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chuck[_10_] Chuck[_10_] is offline

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:29:11 -0700, (hank alrich)
wrote:

Mike Rivers wrote:

On 7/29/2013 10:40 AM,
wrote:

[...]

There was one Behringer unit from the bad electrolyte days that I
looked at that had over 50 bad electrolytics. It went into the trash.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Chuck wrote:

There was one Behringer unit from the bad electrolyte days that I
looked at that had over 50 bad electrolytics. It went into the trash.

With a desoldering tool, I can do 50 bad electrolytics in two hours easy.

I recapped an entire Interface console in a day. I was cramped and sore
but it sounded great.

The desoldering tool is worth every penny. It will pay for itself in
one job like that. It doesn't work any better than a Soldapulit but
it sure works a lot faster.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Monday, July 29, 2013 12:23:03 PM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 7/29/2013 10:40 AM, wrote:

[...]

For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

There is no separate FX circuit board inside. And no plug in chips on the board.
Everything is soldered on one single board. There is nothing and bench technician can do to fix the problem
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

UPDATE:
Found one more customer with the EXACTLY SAME PROBLEM:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/contr...

By nucci1960 from Laguna, CA
That's 4 units with EXACTLY the SAME PROBLEM and still counting....
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bob Quintal Bob Quintal is offline

" wrote in
:

There is no separate FX circuit board inside. And no plug in chips
on the board. Everything is soldered on one single board. There is
nothing and bench technician can do to fix the problem

Baloney!

Competent bench technicians can repair solder joints, and replace bad
components soldered to printed circuit boards.

If the problem is diagnosed as a RoHS compliant (e.g. brittle) solder
joint, it may be easy for a competent technician to fix.

If the problem is diagnosed as a bad resistor, it may be easy for a
competent technician to fix.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, July 29, 2013 3:40:36 PM UTC-5, Bob Quintal wrote:
" wrote in

:

There is no separate FX circuit board inside. And no plug in chips

on the board. Everything is soldered on one single board. There is

nothing and bench technician can do to fix the problem

Baloney!

Competent bench technicians can repair solder joints, and replace bad

components soldered to printed circuit boards.

If the problem is diagnosed as a RoHS compliant (e.g. brittle) solder

joint, it may be easy for a competent technician to fix.

If the problem is diagnosed as a bad resistor, it may be easy for a

competent technician to fix.

Dah..........
And how exactly bad solder joint can cause EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM in 4 different units?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 7/29/2013 2:53 PM, wrote:

There is no separate FX circuit board inside. And no plug in chips on the board.
Everything is soldered on one single board. There is nothing and bench technician can do to fix the problem

Replace a chip, maybe?

--
For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Monday, July 29, 2013 5:31:49 PM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 7/29/2013 2:53 PM, wrote:

There is no separate FX circuit board inside. And no plug in chips on the board.

Everything is soldered on one single board. There is nothing and bench technician can do to fix the problem

Replace a chip, maybe?

--

For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

Replace it with what? Another chip with same problem?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
please post.

Professional equipment doesn't say "Pro" on the box. Whenever you see
"Pro" on the box, you can believe that it's amateur gear.

What you describe is probably noise on the grounds from the effects
processor leaking into other stages. Odds are that if you put a
microphone on an input, it won't be quite so loud. Just mute unused
channels.

This is the absolute cheapest bargain basement gear. You should be pleased
that it works at all given how cheaply it is made.

It might be possible for a technician to add some additional decoupling
capacitors around the effects system to quiet the grounds and rails down.
But it's really not worth the trouble to work on equipment this cheap
because as soon as you fix one thing, you notice something else.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
HIO HIO is offline

On 7/29/2013 8:53 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Professional equipment doesn't say "Pro" on the box. Whenever you see
"Pro" on the box, you can believe that it's amateur gear.

Like Pro Tools.

--
Here In Oregon

Twitter: I don't tweet, I leave that to the birds.
MySpace: Then put a lock on it.
Facebook: Ever hear of the term identity theft?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
ST10SS ST10SS is offline

Am Montag, 29. Juli 2013 20:24:23 UTC+2 schrieb HIO:
On 7/29/2013 8:53 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Professional equipment doesn't say "Pro" on the box. Whenever you see

"Pro" on the box, you can believe that it's amateur gear.

Like Pro Tools.

yeah that's a good example :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

ST10SS wrote:

Am Montag, 29. Juli 2013 20:24:23 UTC+2 schrieb HIO:
On 7/29/2013 8:53 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Professional equipment doesn't say "Pro" on the box. Whenever you see

"Pro" on the box, you can believe that it's amateur gear.

Like Pro Tools.

yeah that's a good example :-)

Cute, and while I don't use it, Pro Tools is used by more pros than any
other DAW worldwide.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
HIO HIO is offline

On 8/26/2013 8:29 AM, hank alrich wrote:
ST10SS wrote:

Am Montag, 29. Juli 2013 20:24:23 UTC+2 schrieb HIO:
On 7/29/2013 8:53 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Professional equipment doesn't say "Pro" on the box. Whenever you see

"Pro" on the box, you can believe that it's amateur gear.

Like Pro Tools.

yeah that's a good example :-)

Cute, and while I don't use it, Pro Tools is used by more pros than any
other DAW worldwide.

I was surprised last month on a poll at the UAD forums just how many
people had switched to Cubase recently (39 percent). Tools was at 20
percent and there are some full time engineers over there.

I used to use Pro Fools and now use the lowly *Reaper* and which happens
to have the best audio engine in the business (big block with dual
overhead cams).

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"hank alrich" wrote in message
Cute, and while I don't use it, Pro Tools is used by more pros than any
other DAW worldwide.

That used to be the argument for NS-10's too :-)

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, August 26, 2013 at 11:29:50 AM UTC-4, hank alrich wrote:
ST10SS wrote:

Am Montag, 29. Juli 2013 20:24:23 UTC+2 schrieb HIO:
On 7/29/2013 8:53 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Professional equipment doesn't say "Pro" on the box. Whenever you see

"Pro" on the box, you can believe that it's amateur gear.

Like Pro Tools.

yeah that's a good example :-)

Cute, and while I don't use it, Pro Tools is used by more pros than any
other DAW worldwide.

But probably 15% or less actually know how to properly use it.
Plus, probably bootlegged the most, like Photoshop, is the key reason why it's "popular".

Jack

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

ST10SS wrote:

Am Montag, 29. Juli 2013 20:24:23 UTC+2 schrieb HIO:
On 7/29/2013 8:53 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Professional equipment doesn't say "Pro" on the box. Whenever you see

"Pro" on the box, you can believe that it's amateur gear.

Like Pro Tools.

yeah that's a good example :-)

Cute, and while I don't use it, Pro Tools is used by more pros than any
other DAW worldwide.

Like a heard of cattle, one follows the other, brainlessly!

Take that, G'!

Jack

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
This is the absolute cheapest bargain basement gear. You should be
pleased
that it works at all given how cheaply it is made.

Exactly, but I do give credit to Behringer for selling their cheaply made
gear cheaply, rather than charging more money for cheaply made gear as some
other manufacturers do. Especially so before Behrenger entered the SR market
and forced the bottom end prices down, thus making them affordable for the
occasional user.
As I always say, you can only guarantee you get what you pay for at the
bottom. Higher quality always costs more, but paying more is no guarantee of
higher quality unfortunately.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY

please post.

I don't mind sending them the unit if they pay for shipping.
Both units are out of warranty.
Do I suppose to pay extra for Behringers blunders after I am stuck with 2 lemons?

I wouldn't mind sending them both units after my Mackie comes in (I am still using one on the gigs).
But than why would I need Behringers at all?
Honest manufacturers suppose to recall defective products and eve issue REFUNDS.

UPDATE:
Found one more customer with the EXACTLY SAME PROBLEM:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/contr...

By nucci1960 from Laguna, CA
That's 4 units with EXACTLY the SAME PROBLEM and still counting....
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:34:25 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY

please post.

I don't mind sending them the unit if they pay for shipping.
Both units are out of warranty.
Do I suppose to pay extra for Behringers blunders after I am stuck with 2 lemons?

I wouldn't mind sending them both units after my Mackie comes in (I am still using one on the gigs).
But than why would I need Behringers at all?
Honest manufacturers suppose to recall defective products and eve issue REFUNDS.

UPDATE:
Found one more customer with the EXACTLY SAME PROBLEM:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/contr...

By nucci1960 from Laguna, CA
That's 4 units with EXACTLY the SAME PROBLEM and still counting....

Why are these units out of warranty? As a customer you have a
responsibility to return defective goods in a timely manner. Bitching
here about failed stuff that is out of warranty isn't going to win you
much sympathy. It cost you very little, so ditch it and move on.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

wrote in message
[...]

How long was the warranty ? Why did you not send it back then, or at least
take/send the new one back to where you bought it ?

You also bought the used one, so either take that back to where you got it,
or send it to your local 'B' distributor and get it fixed. You DID get a
response to you support reequests, but chose not to proceed.

I had a Mackie mixer that stuffed up once. So maybe you should look
upmarket. Oh, I also had a Focusrite Liquid Channel that had a design fault,
so where does that leave you ?!!!

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY

please post.

If you paid attention to the video there was NOTHING plugged into the mixer and all the sliders and trim pots at "0". It sounds EXACTLY the same even when I unplug XLR OUTs and listen via headphone output.
Any possibility of ground loop is ZERO, ZILCH, NADA!