Posted to rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default FS: Impedance Bridge

I have here a military surplus ZM-11/U impedance bridge. During the Vietnam
era, there were two bridges available from military supply; one was more
convenient while the other was more flexible. This is the convenient one.

The good parts: accurate measurement of capacitance (with capacitor charged
or discharged), inductance, and extremely accurate impedance measurements
using a magic eye tube for the null. There is an internal 20KC oscillator
and the magic eye tube, so there are is no external equipment required.

The bad parts: there is no connection for an external oscillator so you
can make measurements only at DC or 20 KC. As an aid to winding coils,
testing speakers and crossover inductors for shorted turns, or doing the
same for motors and servos, that's fine. If you're looking to do sweep
tests on RLC filter networks, this is not the device for you.

This unit is in good shape, but the cover is missing and someone at a repair
depot butchered the power cord strain relief. I'll throw in a spare cord if
you want (but it'll just be an IEC cord with the end cut off).

First $120 takes it. I used this box for years and it was always reliable
and convenient. The magic eye tube on the thing alone is probably worth
a bloody fortune but I will NOT sell it to someone who is going to chop it up
so don't even ask. Full documentation (the military TM) included. I am
only selling it because I bought a network analyzer from Tek a few years ago
and I'm having to clean the garage up a bit due to a move.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.boatanchors
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

(Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:e89lqj$ac0$1
@panix2.panix.com:

rec.radio.boatanchors

Made me look. My server has no such newsgroup.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

:

rec.radio.boatanchors

Made me look. My server has no such newsgroup.

Should have been rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors. Oops.