Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default Open Letter to Arnii Krooborg

Dear Arnii:

Have you noticed how idiotic your faithful butt-sniffing companion,
Mikey Bug-Eater, has become lately? First he admitted he's never taken
part in a single aBxism ritual in his entire worthless life. Then he
categorically admitted that sonic differences abound throughout the
spectrum of audio components. Then he reverted to his mindless kneejerk
challenges of subjective impressions with demands for DBTs, which of
course he has never offered in support of any of his fatuous claims.

A sane individual (unlike yourself) would take steps to distance himself
from a raving nutcase like duh-Mikey. However, you being even crazier
than Mickey casts your odd relationship in a completely different light.
I see two likely explanations for this hellish connivance between the
two of you. The first is that you, Arnii Krooturd, need Mikey around so
you can feel superior to at least one other person.

The second is that, ensconced as you are in your private world of
dementia, all you care about is your fixation on aBxism, the macabre
dance of lies and hypocrisy you call "the debating trade", and your
addiction to those verbal turds you risibly call "facts". If this
explanation is right, your obsessions and your own mental infirmities
cause you to be utterly oblivious of how ridiculous duh-Mikey appears to
Normals.

Several individuals have deigned to praise some aspects of your
knowledge about audio, Arnii. Are you salvageable? If you were to get
treatment for you mental disease, maybe then you'd see that as ****ty as
you are, your association with duh-Mikey makes you even ****tier.

George

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Gary Eickmeier

Jesus! I haven't looked in on this group for five years or more, and
this nonsense is still going on? How long can you people keep this up?
Hasn't everything possible already been said about double blind testing?
How shallow is Middius's learning curve? Do you people have any other
interests?

Unbelievable,

Gary Eickmeier
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Gary Bosemeier prattled:

Jesus!

Too early -- christmas is still weeks away. Put away the birthday candles.

I haven't looked in on this group for five years or more, and
this nonsense is still going on? How long can you people keep this up?

Thanks Mr. Birdmeyer for, admitting you have ED.

How shallow is Middius's learning curve?

Hey, back off! I was one of the first to realize how clueless you are, Bosey
Birdhouses.

Unbelievable,

Can we take this outburst as an indication you didn't get promoted to major
and were forced to retire on a lowly captain's pension? ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 09:32:00 -0500, George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote:

Dear Arnii:

(snip)

Typical fact-free personal attack. Pathetic.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

dippyborg whined:

[...]

Speaking of facts, some of the Normals are wondering about you. Is it a fact
that you're on work-release from jail? Is it a fact that you're a convicted
child molester, and that's why you identify with Arnii Krooborg? Is it a
fact that the only time you ever attended live concerts is when you tore
tickets at the gate?

Facts, please. And none of your dippy personal attacks. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message
. ..
Jesus! I haven't looked in on this group for five years or more, and this
nonsense is still going on? How long can you people keep this up? Hasn't
everything possible already been said about double blind testing? How
shallow is Middius's learning curve? Do you people have any other
interests?

Gary,
Start another thread. I would enjoy particpating in a discussion of
another subject. See my post titled "hideous AAD speakers, the 2000 series".
I am concerned that, above a certain price point, there is little
correlation between price and quality of sound reproduction.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Robert Morein said:

I am concerned that, above a certain price point, there is little
correlation between price and quality of sound reproduction.

Do you suppose that point is above or below the price of 901 birdhouses?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message
. ..
Jesus! I haven't looked in on this group for five years or more, and this
nonsense is still going on? How long can you people keep this up? Hasn't
everything possible already been said about double blind testing? How
shallow is Middius's learning curve? Do you people have any other
interests?

Unbelievable,

To paraphrase Powell,
tweet, tweet, tweet

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article ,
Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Jesus! I haven't looked in on this group for five years or more, and
this nonsense is still going on? How long can you people keep this up?
Hasn't everything possible already been said about double blind testing?
How shallow is Middius's learning curve? Do you people have any other
interests?

Unbelievable,

Thanks for your contribution. How something audio related? I've gone
bipolar speaker-wise and enjoy soundstaging more than ever.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Dear Arnii:

Have you noticed how idiotic your faithful butt-sniffing companion,
Mikey Bug-Eater, has become lately?

The only butt-sniffing companion that ever posted here was your former
buddy, Singh.

First he admitted he's never taken
part in a single aBxism ritual in his entire worthless life.

So what? I haven't taken a ride into space yet I know the earth is round.

Then he
categorically admitted that sonic differences abound throughout the
spectrum of audio components.

In speakers especially, no to much in other audio components.

Then he reverted to his mindless kneejerk
challenges of subjective impressions with demands for DBTs, which of
course he has never offered in support of any of his fatuous claims.

I'm not the one making fatuous claims, that would be your other buddy,
Morein the Moron.

A sane individual (unlike yourself) would take steps to distance himself
from a raving nutcase like duh-Mikey. However, you being even crazier
than Mickey casts your odd relationship in a completely different light.

So if you recognize the fact that ABX and other double blind protocols are
valid and recognized as such by people who are on the cutting edge of audio
research, I'm crazy?

It seems to me the crazies are the ones who deny this fact.

I see two likely explanations for this hellish connivance between the
two of you.

IOW you made up some more baseless personal attacks.

The first is that you, Arnii Krooturd, need Mikey around so
you can feel superior to at least one other person.

Now if only you had someone like that.

The second is that, ensconced as you are in your private world of
dementia, all you care about is your fixation on aBxism, the macabre
dance of lies and hypocrisy you call "the debating trade", and your
addiction to those verbal turds you risibly call "facts".

Facts are a real problem for liars such as yourself. Since your lies are
easily rebutted with them.

If this
explanation is right, your obsessions and your own mental infirmities
cause you to be utterly oblivious of how ridiculous duh-Mikey appears to
Normals.

The people you consider normal are the ones denying reality as it applies to
audio. The same people who believe in magic wires, knobs, amplifiers and
still in love with antique technology such as vinyl playback on rubber band
driven turntables.

Several individuals have deigned to praise some aspects of your
knowledge about audio, Arnii. Are you salvageable? If you were to get
treatment for you mental disease, maybe then you'd see that as ****ty as
you are, your association with duh-Mikey makes you even ****tier.

Thus sayeth the King George, Lord of the turds.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Gary Eickmeier

Robert Morein wrote:

Gary,
Start another thread. I would enjoy particpating in a discussion of
another subject. See my post titled "hideous AAD speakers, the 2000 series".
I am concerned that, above a certain price point, there is little
correlation between price and quality of sound reproduction.

I was sitting right behind Gordon Holt, on centerline, during a side
trip to one of the famous high end stores to audition the latest Dave
Wilson $60,000 masterpiece. It was horrible. The proprieter insisted on
darkening the room before the demo, which annoyed me even more. I have
been in Harry Pearson's mansion with Arny Nudell setting up some
Infinities. No better. Mark Davis's DBX Soundfields were very good. I
heard them at his house in Pacifica, and also at Dave Moran's in Boston.
Maybe they didn't cost enough, but they seem to have disappeared.
Listening in surround helps a lot. Bottom line is that it is the setting
up more than the expense of the components that makes it sound good or bad.

I have responded to your thread above as a courtesy, but if it gets
hijacked by the Middiot as usual, I am out of here as usual. Too bad.

Gary Eickmeier
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Bosey Birdhouses quivers in fear.

I have responded to your thread above as a courtesy, but if it gets
hijacked by the Middiot as usual, I am out of here as usual. Too bad.

It was so nice being "shunned" by you, Gawwy. Why don't you start another
"accord" so you pretend certain people don't exist, and you and the Krooborg
can live happily ever after in Sounds-Like-**** Land?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Robert Morein said:

I am concerned that, above a certain price point, there is little
correlation between price and quality of sound reproduction.

Do you suppose that point is above or below the price of 901 birdhouses?

Was it some guy in Sensible Sound, who opined $1500 ? I don't know. What do
you think?

BTW, I have a set of Polk LSi15, made in your neighborhood. IMHO, these are
stunningly honest speakers, which were being blown out on eBay, a while back
for $700 to $900.

aS a designer gets older, or his followers get older, there is a tendency to
brighten the sound. In my 20's and 30's, I had ears that were extremely
sensitive to high frequency sounds, so much so that I when attending movies,
I would put little pieces of tissue in my ears to reduce the pain. My hifi
preferences were toward very soft sound. I could not sit in front of a
Wilson Watt without experiencing physical pain, except at very low volume
levels. Then as my ears aged, they became more normal, and my preferences
brightened.

A set of very high priced speakers is usually a gift to one's self, made by
a highly successful professional, in search of some new novelty.
Paradoxically, the rewards of labor seldom go to the musically inclined.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Robert Morein wrote:

[...]

I heard a set of Watt Puppies (I think; they certainly weren't small!)
driven by a pair of huge Mark Levinson monoblocks. THe presentation was very
dry, clinical. I didn't feel that the presentation was specifically wrong;
perhaps it was not sufficiently romanticized. Certainly nothing pathological
as the AAD 2000's I have just described.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Gary Eickmeier

MINe 109 wrote:

I've gone
bipolar speaker-wise and enjoy soundstaging more than ever.

.... not that there's anything wrong with that...

But seriously, yes, bipolar is better than direct firing, and omni is
best of all. But a shaped radiation pattern is what is needed in a
serious design.

Gary Eickmeier

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Robert Morein said:

I am concerned that, above a certain price point, there is little
correlation between price and quality of sound reproduction.

Do you suppose that point is above or below the price of 901 birdhouses?

Was it some guy in Sensible Sound, who opined $1500 ? I don't know. What do
you think?

I think you're trying to deflect my well-grounded troll.

A set of very high priced speakers is usually a gift to one's self, made by
a highly successful professional, in search of some new novelty.
Paradoxically, the rewards of labor seldom go to the musically inclined.

By the time you can afford the best, you're so old your hearing is shot.
Oh well.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

In article ,
Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Robert Morein wrote:

Gary,
Start another thread. I would enjoy particpating in a discussion of
another subject. See my post titled "hideous AAD speakers, the 2000
series".
I am concerned that, above a certain price point, there is little
correlation between price and quality of sound reproduction.

I was sitting right behind Gordon Holt, on centerline, during a side
trip to one of the famous high end stores to audition the latest Dave
Wilson $60,000 masterpiece. It was horrible. The proprieter insisted on
darkening the room before the demo, which annoyed me even more. I have
been in Harry Pearson's mansion with Arny Nudell setting up some
Infinities. No better.

While in NYC last February at a gig, I visited Lyric Hi Fi for the first
time (an interesting experience!). I heard the Genesis speaker system,
and was fairly impressed, though not so much that I was willing to, if I
had the money, buy them at that cost. It was "impressive" sounding,
though.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MINe 109 wrote:

I've gone bipolar speaker-wise and enjoy soundstaging more than ever.

... not that there's anything wrong with that...

But seriously, yes, bipolar is better than direct firing, and omni is best
of all. But a shaped radiation pattern is what is needed in a serious
design.

I disagree.
Bipolar relies on accidents of room acoustics to fool the ear into thinking
it's somewhere else. But how could such a hit-and-miss proposition be
optimal? For those to whom a realistic sound stage is important, digital
synthesis is the most valid approach.

Your last sentence suggests yet something else. If a shaped radiation
pattern is needed, what is the pattern?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 15:06:05 -0500, George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote:

By the time you can afford the best, you're so old your hearing is shot.
Oh well.

Speak for yourself, gramps.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

George Minus Middius wrote :

you're so old your hearing is shot.
Oh well.

Are you speaking to Dave Weil ?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article ,
Gary Eickmeier wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

I've gone
bipolar speaker-wise and enjoy soundstaging more than ever.

... not that there's anything wrong with that...

But seriously, yes, bipolar is better than direct firing, and omni is
best of all. But a shaped radiation pattern is what is needed in a
serious design.

They're all shaped...

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Gary Eickmeier

Robert Morein wrote:

Your last sentence suggests yet something else. If a shaped radiation
pattern is needed, what is the pattern?

It's a combination of the DBX Soundfield One and the Bose 901. It has
the Soundfield One time/intensity trading effect in both the direct and
reflected fields, and the reflected sound is about twice as strong as
the direct. Kind of a cardioid pattern with the stronger lobes to the
sides and rear. The effect is an immense soundstage with pinpoint
imaging that stays put as you walk across the room.

Gary Eickmeier