David M Higgs

Default Alpine CDM-9801, FUNC indicator always on

Why is the FUNC indicator on all the time when a CD is loaded?
According to the manual:
"In case a 6-disc CD changer is connected :
In CD changer mode, press the "F" button to illuminate
the "FUNC" indicator and go to step 1."
I didn't realise I was in "CD changer mode" as I don't have a changer
unit and pressing the "F" button doesn't do anything?
Any ideas?
---
Regards
David
SentraStyleEMW

That is because when you have a changer connected, your preset buttons 1-6 give
you direct disc access, while pressing the function button gives you access to
the functions such as repeat, mix, etc. When using just the indash cd, there
are no discs to access, just the repeat, mix, etc. functions, so the function
button does not need to be pressed to access them. Buttons 1-6 don't serve a
purpose on the indash cd like they do w/ the changer.
David M Higgs

Many thanks for that. Having read your reply, when I re-read the
manual it's a bit less ambiguous. Cheers