Dave Hansen

Default Kenwood DIN cables - custom lengths? can they be spliced?

Hi all.

I've been working on re-installing my new stereo system (the "pros"
who did the original install leave a LOT to be desired.)

I have a Kenwood X569 HU, Music Keg, Sirius tuner, and the 2 in 1
changer adapter. The HU connects to the 2-in-1 adapter under the
rear left seat. The 2-in-1 connects to the Sirius tuner mounted right
next to it. Then the 2-in-1 connects to the Keg mounted under front
passenger seat.

Everything works great but I can't seem to find a way to deal with all
the extra cable going between the components. I can spool up some of
the HU to switch cable under the dash before it makes it's way to the
back. But the switch to sirius tuner cable (6 or 9 ft) needs to be
only about 6 inches long. The switch to keg cable is also much longer
than I need.

The bottom line is I'm looking to either get shorter cables, order
custom lengths, or have my cables cut and re-terminated.

Does anyone have any ideas? (having to do with my post, that is. :-)

Thanks all