Johan Wagener

Default boxes for 6" and 5 and 1/4"

I lost my car and now I have a amp, a pair of pioneer 6" components speakers
and a mid/tweeter set with 5and 1/4 inch mids. I noticed that my HiFi has
got RCA line out sockets and I want to connect my car amp to the HiFi.

What size (volume) minimum do I need to make these sound good? I don't have
any specs for these speakers cause you don't normally build them into an
enclosure. Will any small box do?

Daniel Snooks

Johan Wagener wrote
I lost my car and now I have a amp, a pair of pioneer 6" components

speakers
and a mid/tweeter set with 5and 1/4 inch mids. I noticed that my HiFi has
got RCA line out sockets and I want to connect my car amp to the HiFi.

Problem is ... where will you get the 12V to power the amp?
This has been discussed at length in the past ...

What size (volume) minimum do I need to make these sound good? I don't

have
any specs for these speakers cause you don't normally build them into an
enclosure. Will any small box do?

Typical sealed volume for an 8" is .3 - .6 cuft so I would say maybe .1 - .3
(the power handling will be higher with the smaller volume, but the low end
frequency response will be better with the larger volume)
If you could get a hold of the TS parameters of those speakers, you could
probably design a ported enclosure that would really improve the low end
response (unless you are just using them for mids)

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks