Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] woodenflutes@yahoo.ca is offline

Default Wierd waveforms.

Hi, I'm setting up my DAW, I've got the output of a mixer going into
my computer. All mics are recorded through the mixer.

When viewing the waveforms in Audacity (or anything else), the very
"bottoms" of the waveforms looked "chopped" like they are peak
limited, but the very "tops" look normal (ragged).

Link to picture of waveform:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV2idr9S

Then I tried really putting a loud sound into the mic. It's my voice
droning and changing pitch quite loudly in the microphone. The
waveform is so strange and not symmetrical. It undulates with the
raising and lower of the pitch of my voice:

Link to picture of waveform:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1nuWE9

Does anyone know what is going on?

My first reaction was DC offset, but I use Audacity's "Remove DC
offset" function and the waveform doesn't change.