Joey

Default PPI 2150AM AMP, Worth repairing??

Hey everyone,

I have a PPI 2150AM amp (white) and I used to use it to power my 12"
sub at 600x1 @ 4 ohm mono

Anyway the amp needs repairing (for the past couple years now). When
it first broke down, no sound was coming from it but it powered up. I
took it to a local electronics place (not a car audio one though) and
the guy couldn't fix it 100%.

Now, only one channel has no sound at all, and the other channel has
sound BUT it's not nearly as loud as it is supposed to be.

My question is: Anyone think this amp is worth repairing if I took it
to a car audio shop for repairs? I was thinking of either repairing
it, or just purchasing either a Sony XM444 amp or a Lightning Audio
S2.250 amp. I believe the lightning audio only puts out 230x1 watts.

Better yet, if anyone knows what might be the problem with this PPI
amp (maybe you can repair electronics?) that'd be great too.

Either way, any response or opinion is appreciated. Thanks!
ReEfErMaDnEsS

it's garbage, please let me have your address and trash pick up day so I
might garbage pick. Seriously, fix it, it makes the other amps you
mentioned worthless, which they are, compared to the PPI

om...

PPI 2150AM question dig dug Car Audio 10 August 21st 04 02:45 PM
Sirius or XM radio in Charlotte, NC - content, reception, pros, cons, variety, worth the money? tryitoz Joe Donaldson Car Audio 1 May 9th 04 02:38 AM
Repairing "blown" speakers Allan Car Audio 12 October 28th 03 09:28 PM
What are Illusion Audio 8" worth? ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs Car Audio 2 September 8th 03 05:12 PM
repairing foam speaker surrounds Dan Car Audio 1 August 29th 03 04:56 PM