Default Need Inventory Software for Recording Collection

Hello the Net!

I'm interestd in locating software that I can use to keep
track of a mixed music collection - some 400 LPs, 250 CDs,
about 80% classical, some popular and jazz. Need the ability
to handle recordings of both individual artists and collections
(multiple composers on one disc).

Computing horsepower is not an issue - the system is Wintel,
2.4GHz, 512MB RAM, 40GB HD, etc. An Access or Excel template
for Office 2000 would be fine, so would a standalone product.
Please include supply sources (dealers, internet etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Tom McDonald
Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day
to dawn. The sun is but a morning star. - Thoreau (1847)

Mark Howell

On 22 Sep 2003 15:17:45 GMT, wrote:

Hello the Net!

I'm interestd in locating software that I can use to keep
track of a mixed music collection - some 400 LPs, 250 CDs,
about 80% classical, some popular and jazz. Need the ability
to handle recordings of both individual artists and collections
(multiple composers on one disc).

Try KeepTrak, sold through Music Direct.
www.amusicdirect.com

Note the "a" in the e-mail address. No, I don't work for them. I do
use the software, which I find quite satisfactory, to do all the
things you describe.

Mark Howell

PeteB

wrote in message
Hello the Net!

I'm interestd in locating software that I can use to keep
track of a mixed music collection - some 400 LPs, 250 CDs,
about 80% classical, some popular and jazz. Need the ability
to handle recordings of both individual artists and collections
(multiple composers on one disc).

Computing horsepower is not an issue - the system is Wintel,
2.4GHz, 512MB RAM, 40GB HD, etc. An Access or Excel template
for Office 2000 would be fine, so would a standalone product.
Please include supply sources (dealers, internet etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Tom McDonald
Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day
to dawn. The sun is but a morning star. - Thoreau (1847)

How about Music Collector, it works better for CDs as you can use the CDDB
database on the internet which automatically downloads all the information
about the disk. You can download a trial version for free that allows 100
entries to see if you like it.

http://www.collectorz.com/music/

Pete B