Chad Wahls lt

Default a/d/s 850MX Pin Configs

Well car audio is like crack, you just gotta have more.

In my attic I have an a/d/s 850MX form a previous install 5 years ago.
Does anyone have or know where I can download a manual for this amp
so I can re-pin the jumpers to work with my system? I have 1, soon to
be 2 JL audio 10W0 in their little truck box, and a set of old school
a/d/s al6's (my favorite). I also have the crossover modules from
a/d/s for biamping the al6's, I have never used them and can't wait to
have biamp seperates!

Installed in the amp category is an Alpine MRV F300 bridged to the sub
with the other 2 channels to the seperates, It just 'aint got the poop
even for modest levels. I was thinking of getting a JL audio 300/4
and calling it a day but I can ad another sub and implement the
currently owned amp for 1/2 the price! Do I need the extra sub in a
pickup truck? Noooo! But headroom is a godsend!

So I need 2 in 6 out with 2 groups of 2 channels bridged, I also have
the remote bass control. I have the HP and BP cards for the AL6 and
the stock LP card. I have more cards I have to climb up to find out
which ones.

I also may be open for a trade of all this amplification for a JL
300/4 (come to my senses and save space) the amp is big and ugly,
someone stripped the piant off the fins to flush mount it, it looks
great flushed but nasty in the original mounting config (I had it
flushed). The LED has been moved to the compartment cover also. It
worked great when I pulled it and I would be more than happy to throw
it on the bench and give it a once over (I'm an electronics
Engineer/technician/analog designer) No worries, I rebuild car amps
for buddies/spare cash, that's how I got the Alpine. I would like to
wait for a rainy day though, it sucks to come home from work and sit
down at ANOTHER bench! BTW I live in Illinois, Rainy days come often
this time of year

Thanks in advance, I haven't been in this group for a while but came
over while buliding again, I find it to be one of the most polite,
informative groups around. Kudos!!!

Best Regards
Chad
MZ

Check your mail...

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Chad Wahls lt" wrote in message
om...
[...]

John Durbin

Looks like Mark has you covered, but as an FYI you can usually get any
of the out of production a/d/s/, Orion, and PPI manuals in pdf form with
an e-mail request to - there's only a few here
and there we don't have on file these days.

JD

Chad Wahls lt wrote:

[...]

Pat M

And if you need a different configuration on the jumper pins let me know. I
think I should be able to help you out. I know a couple of things about
that 850MX. Like perhaps NEVER and I mean NEVER unplug a xover module while
the amp is powered up. You will encounter a slight problem called going up
in smoke. )

Also if you have any questions you are best to email me at

--
Pat M.

[...]

Chad Wahls lt

"Pat M" wrote in message ...
And if you need a different configuration on the jumper pins let me know. I
think I should be able to help you out. I know a couple of things about
that 850MX. Like perhaps NEVER and I mean NEVER unplug a xover module while
the amp is powered up. You will encounter a slight problem called going up
in smoke. )

Also if you have any questions you are best to email me at

--
Pat M.

There is a mod for the "smoke" phenomona. Although the transients of
unloading an active network can prove fatal for drivers, sh*t rolls
downhill!

The inputs to the amplifier side need to be referenced to ground
through a resistor, this keeps the amp from oscillating, the mod also
includes a muting FET per channel to bring the input to ground if the
card were to be removed.

I got mine on the bench and found a faulty channel, bummer. I've got
it all apart now and find it to be a unique design, actually once
apart quite easy to work on. It's always nice to have 7 other working
examples

BUT it has no DC protection, if you own one of these and plan on
running biamped seperates as I do, I would reccommend a high quality
cap in series with the pos lead of the tweet, I'll report back with
exact value. This will keep DC from passing on to the driver and
damaging a tweet you can't buy anymore (in my case).

Oh well parts are ordered and i plan to have it up soon, thanks to
everyone for all their help.

regards
Chad