Posted to rec.audio.opinion
J.Major

Default How many in this group really have a hifi system?

Greeting,
A few month ago I meet a guy in a HiFi show in Montréal. This guy was
telling me about is great audio stuff that he have at home, McIntosh
Electronics, Sonus Faber Speakers, Clearaudio Top of the line Turntable,
Musical Fidelity CD player, Nordost Cables, etc.... while our wife where
talking about other stuff. We exchange phone #. A couple of week ago we
went to a jazz show. After the show his wife invited us to their house
to take a coffee. What was my surprise to find out that the only audio
stuff this guy possess was a mini-stereo that he must have paid at max
200$ (canadian).

So I have (again) a little question: What is the % of people in this
newsgroup that really have a true hifi system?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

"J.Major" wrote in message
Greeting,
A few month ago I meet a guy in a HiFi show in Montréal. This guy was
telling me about is great audio stuff that he have at home, McIntosh
Electronics, Sonus Faber Speakers, Clearaudio Top of the line Turntable,
Musical Fidelity CD player, Nordost Cables, etc.... while our wife where
talking about other stuff. We exchange phone #. A couple of week ago we
went to a jazz show. After the show his wife invited us to their house to
take a coffee. What was my surprise to find out that the only audio stuff
this guy possess was a mini-stereo that he must have paid at max 200$
(canadian).

So I have (again) a little question: What is the % of people in this
newsgroup that really have a true hifi system?

Personally, I feel confident that everyone has. You encountered a rare
poseur.

For a person to find ego satisfaction by lying about what hifi gear he owns
is indicative of an extremely shallow, mediocre person of low intelligence.
To any intelligent person, hifi ownership could hardly be a sign of personal
virtue.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: J.Major
Date: Thurs, Feb 23 2006 1:04 pm
Email: "J.Major"

What was my surprise to find out that the only audio
stuff this guy possess was a mini-stereo that he must have paid at max
200$ (canadian).

That's a lot of beer money, ay?

So I have (again) a little question: What is the % of people in this
newsgroup that really have a true hifi system?

I hate music. I am here trying to convert others here to my point of
view. There are several of us here with the same agenda.

In fact, attacking audio preference is a hobby of mine. I watched in
glee recently as some of my minions attacked yours.

Thank you for your interest...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
J.Major

Robert Morein wrote:
"J.Major" wrote in message

[...]

I agree, for me this guy have a very poor intelligence. Why telling lies
about what you possess. It would not make a difference if he had told me
from the beginning that he only possess a low-fi stereo. I would have
help him build something better. Now it is too late. He lies to me, so
now the door is closed. One of my employee told me last year that he
loved music but that he can only afford a MP3 Player. So I gave him a
old Dynaco amp and Preamp and help him build a good pair of speaker so
that now he can enjoy listenable music.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
J.Major

From: J.Major
Date: Thurs, Feb 23 2006 1:04 pm
Email: "J.Major"

What was my surprise to find out that the only audio
stuff this guy possess was a mini-stereo that he must have paid at max
200$ (canadian).

That's a lot of beer money, ay?

Yeah!

So I have (again) a little question: What is the % of people in this
newsgroup that really have a true hifi system?

I hate music. I am here trying to convert others here to my point of
view. There are several of us here with the same agenda.

Duh, I knew it! It is a conspiracy...LOL
In fact, attacking audio preference is a hobby of mine. I watched in
glee recently as some of my minions attacked yours.

I thought that it was only Arny Krugger and Stewart Pinkerton that enjoy
attacking other audio preference

Thank you for your interest...

Your welcome

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Walt

J.Major wrote:

So I have (again) a little question: What is the % of people in this
newsgroup that really have a true hifi system?

If I had a Hi-Fi....

One of my favorite palendromes. No idea what the % is - I imagine it
would depend on your definition of hifi.

//Walt
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

J.Major wrote:
Greeting,
A few month ago I meet a guy in a HiFi show in Montr?al. This guy was
telling me about is great audio stuff that he have at home, McIntosh
Electronics, Sonus Faber Speakers, Clearaudio Top of the line Turntable,
Musical Fidelity CD player, Nordost Cables, etc.... while our wife where
talking about other stuff. We exchange phone #. A couple of week ago we
went to a jazz show. After the show his wife invited us to their house
to take a coffee. What was my surprise to find out that the only audio
stuff this guy possess was a mini-stereo that he must have paid at max
200$ (canadian).

So I have (again) a little question: What is the % of people in this
newsgroup that really have a true hifi system?

Well, I can hear the *space between the notes*, so I think I must have one.

--
-S "isn't that a Yes lyric?" Sullivan