Richard Galli

Default need amplified tv antenna for wheelchair

I am setting up my disabled son's wheelchair with a TV card that runs
through his on-chair notebook computer. We get a picture, but the reception
is poor. We are using a heavy-duty mobile antenna (two "ears") from
RadioShack.

Can anyone please recommend to us an amplifier system to improve the tv
antenna signal? We prefer using the chair's native 24-volt power for the
amplifier, but can probably use a voltage reducer to put out 12 volts if we
have to.

Feel free to recommend a diferent amplified antenna as well, but remember
this is a wheelchair not a Rec Vehicle or yacht...

Thanks for your help.

--
Best wishes,

Richard Galli

Two books -- not thousands
Just two books worth reading
http://www.gallicentral.com

Sign up for our newsletter
http://www.gallicentral.com/subscribe.htm

Kevin McMurtrie

In article kwEsb.844$HD3.627@lakeread06,
"Richard Galli" wrote:

I am setting up my disabled son's wheelchair with a TV card that runs
through his on-chair notebook computer. We get a picture, but the reception
is poor. We are using a heavy-duty mobile antenna (two "ears") from
RadioShack.

Can anyone please recommend to us an amplifier system to improve the tv
antenna signal? We prefer using the chair's native 24-volt power for the
amplifier, but can probably use a voltage reducer to put out 12 volts if we
have to.

Feel free to recommend a diferent amplified antenna as well, but remember
this is a wheelchair not a Rec Vehicle or yacht...

Thanks for your help.

An amplifier is likely to cause feedback with such a short distance.
You could try one of Radio Shack's in-line remote amplifiers. They're
very compact and they use external power. Try it plugged into the wall
first to make sure you don't need to return it. If it's worthwhile to
keep, cut off the 9V wall-wort and connect its power injector to a 12V
3-pin positive regulator.