Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Cyberserf[_2_] Cyberserf[_2_] is offline

Default 45 to 78

I've had a bunch (850ish) 78rpm disc dropped off today, and I'd like to
digitize them. I've had good success with 33 and 45rmp record and various
post processing (dehiss, declick, depop, compress, mash and torture), but my
only player that can handle 78s is...well...old and does not have any
outputs from the stylus (really a needle...seriously)except those to the
cone. My question is pretty straightforward: Has anyone had luck recording a
78 at 45 rpm digitally and speeding it up using a software solution, and if
so, what was the software used? I figure if someone can make Britney sound
ok, this must be feasible and, regardless, I'm gonna try, so if someone can
save me the experimentation, I'd be grateful.

Many thanks in advance, CS