Eric Agner

Default about that box of old tubes...

I've got some Chinese 12ax7s that I pulled out of cheap devices to put
a better tube in, and some 6L6s that came out of a guitar amp that
needs retubed.

I'm making Christmas tree ornaments out of them -- If you've got a box
of dead tubes, I could use some more. I'll pay shipping + $5 pain in
the ass charge if you'll send them to me. Useless or blown tubes are
best, no vintage Telefunkens or Mullards please.

Let me know if you want to help out with this, and thanks for reading.

Eric Agner
Mike Gilmour

"Eric Agner" wrote in message
om...
I've got some Chinese 12ax7s that I pulled out of cheap devices to put
a better tube in, and some 6L6s that came out of a guitar amp that
needs retubed.

I'm making Christmas tree ornaments out of them -- If you've got a box
of dead tubes, I could use some more. I'll pay shipping + $5 pain in
the ass charge if you'll send them to me. Useless or blown tubes are
best, no vintage Telefunkens or Mullards please.

Let me know if you want to help out with this, and thanks for reading.

Eric Agner

What sort of tree decorations? Hung around the tree with filaments a
glowing or a glitter decorated sort of thing? Either way think H&S
implications, glass & toxic chemicals don't go with small children for a
happy Xmas.

Mike

Mike T.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:38:35 -0000, "Mike Gilmour"
wrote:

"Eric Agner" wrote in message
. com...
I've got some Chinese 12ax7s that I pulled out of cheap devices to put
a better tube in, and some 6L6s that came out of a guitar amp that
needs retubed.

I'm making Christmas tree ornaments out of them -- If you've got a box
of dead tubes, I could use some more. I'll pay shipping + $5 pain in
the ass charge if you'll send them to me. Useless or blown tubes are
best, no vintage Telefunkens or Mullards please.

Let me know if you want to help out with this, and thanks for reading.

Eric Agner

What sort of tree decorations? Hung around the tree with filaments a
glowing or a glitter decorated sort of thing? Either way think H&S
implications, glass & toxic chemicals don't go with small children for a
happy Xmas.

Very true, but especially funny when I think of the thin blown-glass
Christmas tree ornaments of my childhood. The mirror finish on the
inside of the thin glass shards was mercury, I think!
Mike T.
philicorda

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:41:54 -0800, Eric Agner wrote:

I've got some Chinese 12ax7s that I pulled out of cheap devices to put
a better tube in, and some 6L6s that came out of a guitar amp that
needs retubed.

I'm making Christmas tree ornaments out of them -- If you've got a box
of dead tubes, I could use some more. I'll pay shipping + $5 pain in
the ass charge if you'll send them to me. Useless or blown tubes are
best, no vintage Telefunkens or Mullards please.

Not what you requested, but I've had the idea of making a space heater out
of old tubes. A load of interesting tubes mounted on a nice wooden
base, picture frame style, with their filaments connected would give off
quite a lot of heat.

It should not cost more to run than a normal electric heater, and it will
look much more interesting.

Let me know if you want to help out with this, and thanks for reading.

Eric Agner

Eric Agner

"Mike Gilmour" wrote

What sort of tree decorations? Hung around the tree with filaments a
glowing or a glitter decorated sort of thing? Either way think H&S
implications, glass & toxic chemicals don't go with small children for a
happy Xmas.

Mike

Hadn't thought about it. I figured if the glass is intact it doesn't
so much matter what's inside. No more dangerous than any other glass
ornament. How toxic is it if a small vacuum tube shatters?

Carey Carlan

philicorda wrote in
news
Not what you requested, but I've had the idea of making a space heater
out of old tubes. A load of interesting tubes mounted on a nice wooden
base, picture frame style, with their filaments connected would give
off quite a lot of heat.

It should not cost more to run than a normal electric heater, and it
will look much more interesting.

I do that with the fan output of my computer.
Paul

philicorda wrote in message ...
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:41:54 -0800, Eric Agner wrote:

I've got some Chinese 12ax7s that I pulled out of cheap devices to put
a better tube in, and some 6L6s that came out of a guitar amp that
needs retubed.

I'm making Christmas tree ornaments out of them -- If you've got a box
of dead tubes, I could use some more. I'll pay shipping + $5 pain in
the ass charge if you'll send them to me. Useless or blown tubes are
best, no vintage Telefunkens or Mullards please.

Not what you requested, but I've had the idea of making a space heater out
of old tubes. A load of interesting tubes mounted on a nice wooden
base, picture frame style, with their filaments connected would give off
quite a lot of heat.

It should not cost more to run than a normal electric heater, and it will
look much more interesting.

A local guitar shop had a handmade mirrored wooden sconce with what
looked like an old 0D3/VR150 tube in it. Probably gives off a nice
purple glow when energized, as they do when used for their intended
purpose.