60 cycle hum

Default new kid in town

hi there,
I just caught wind of this place and saw that there are a lot of great
engineers that frequent here.......anyway, I was wondering if any of
you may be able to take a few moments out of your time and listen to a
few of my songs and critique the mixes.......and perhaps give me a few
ideas on how to better them.....I am recording strictly from my home
using Logic Audio with a Rode NT-2 mic and an old Art Tube MP
preamp.......I would love to get better at my home recordings....any
tips would be highly appreciated.......

thank you so much for your time.....and wish you all a happy holiday
season

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/cheyennemusic.htm

cheers,
60 cycle hum
**bg**

"60 cycle hum" wrote in message
hi there,
I just caught wind of this place and saw that there are a lot of great
engineers that frequent here.......anyway, I was wondering if any of
you may be able to take a few moments out of your time and listen to a
few of my songs and critique the mixes.......and perhaps give me a few
ideas on how to better them.....I am recording strictly from my home
using Logic Audio with a Rode NT-2 mic and an old Art Tube MP
preamp.......I would love to get better at my home recordings....any
tips would be highly appreciated.......
thank you so much for your time.....and wish you all a happy holiday
season http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/cheyennemusic.htm
cheers, 60 cycle hum

_________________________________
Great! You have some nice material and sounds.

The musicianship is excellent, nothing major objectionable, just needs some
tweaking.

Give it a listen at (extremely) loud volumes thru big speakers, powerful
system.

What is revealed is what I'd first work on. Cannot comment further until
that is done.

As a producer/engineer (which someone in your crowd is also...), it would be
interesting to work with your material.

It's approaching broadcast quality, I suggest it's almost time to take it to
a pro that you respect for a remix or two before pressing.

Also Look around at www.musicbooksplus.com

Pick a few titles that interest you, *be sure* to get a copy of Bobby
Owsinski's 'The-Mixing-Engineer's-Handbook'.

Or see, fer instance, a copy at

http://www.rokestuf.de/us-shop/Bobby-Owsinski-The-Mixing-Engineer's-Handbook-(Mix-Pro-Audio-Series)/detail_pID-0872887235,qmode-1.html

Cheers.

-rj-

www.thelittlecanadaheadphoneband.ca
www.lchb.ca

60 cycle hum

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 21:29:30 GMT, "**bg**"
wrote:

"60 cycle hum" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

thanks, I appreciate the good word

Give it a listen at (extremely) loud volumes thru big speakers, powerful
system.

What is revealed is what I'd first work on. Cannot comment further until
that is done.

what will be revealed?
I honestly don't exactly get what you mean.......

I was actually hoping to see if some problem areas in my mixes were
evident enough to certain ears to offer recording, mixing, and
mastering tips......ones that I may have overlooked so I can
experiment with some advice and take my mixing to the next level

if anything is apparent, please fill me in

As a producer/engineer (which someone in your crowd is also...), it would be
interesting to work with your material.

I write, produce, and engineer my tunes with my humbled home studio
setup.....I wish I had the $$$ to take up your offer.......I would
love to see another interpretation of one of these tunes.....

It's approaching broadcast quality, I suggest it's almost time to take it to
a pro that you respect for a remix or two before pressing.

I appreciate the comment......I feel like I'm almost there, but I
still feel like I'm missing something......is it high end outboard
gear, or can I take it up a notch with what I have?

once again, funding is low to have another studio cost to remix.....
but, I'm not really going as an artist, I live in Nashville and write
these songs to pitch.....so hopefully I'll hear one them on a legit CD
one of these days

Also Look around at www.musicbooksplus.com

Pick a few titles that interest you, *be sure* to get a copy of Bobby
Owsinski's 'The-Mixing-Engineer's-Handbook'.

have you read it?
what are some key elements that they tap into?

thanks again,
60 cycle hum

Or see, fer instance, a copy at

http://www.rokestuf.de/us-shop/Bobby-Owsinski-The-Mixing-Engineer's-Handbook-(Mix-Pro-Audio-Series)/detail_pID-0872887235,qmode-1.html

Cheers.

-rj-

www.thelittlecanadaheadphoneband.ca
www.lchb.ca

Bob Cain

60 cycle hum wrote:

I was actually hoping to see if some problem areas in my mixes were
evident enough to certain ears to offer recording, mixing, and
mastering tips......ones that I may have overlooked so I can
experiment with some advice and take my mixing to the next level

There is a fellow on alt.music.home-recording that seems
particularly adept at offering mix advice. You might want
to ask for critique there.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Hev

"60 cycle hum" wrote in message
hi there,
I just caught wind of this place and saw that there are a lot of great
engineers that frequent here.......anyway, I was wondering if any of
you may be able to take a few moments out of your time and listen to a
few of my songs and critique the mixes.......and perhaps give me a few
ideas on how to better them.....I am recording strictly from my home
using Logic Audio with a Rode NT-2 mic and an old Art Tube MP
preamp.......I would love to get better at my home recordings....any
tips would be highly appreciated.......

thank you so much for your time.....and wish you all a happy holiday
season

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/cheyennemusic.htm

I have to admit I don't particularly care for country but your stuff has
good attitude and sounds great. You should be able to make a career out of
it. Thanks for sharing.

--
-Hev
Find Me He

60 cycle hum

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:13:36 GMT, "Hev" wrote:

[...]

Hi Hev,
thanks a million.......it's usually pretty hard to get somebody to
like a country song when they don't necessarily like the genre......so
that's a great feat in itself

glad you liked the stuff

cheers,
60 cycle hum