carli55

Default Domanda stupida ma necessaria: Come si riconosce la porta Firewire????

Salve a tutti,

vorrei comprarmi una scheda audio scheda M-AUDIO FIREWIRE 410 solo che
non ho la sicurezza di avere la porta firewire sul mio notebook...l'ho
preso usato una paio di anni fà perciò non ho la documentazione e non
riesco a trovarla xchè è un modello TOSHIBA SATELLITE che hanno
prodotto solo per il giappone, con tasti giapponesi e via
dicendo...sul web le pagine che trovo su questo notebook sono solo in
giapponese, insomma un delirio!

Nel lato del notebook c'è una porta che mi sembra essere una firewall,
sopra c'è scritto 400. Potrebbe essere quella? come faccio ad averne
la sicurezza? come compare la firewire nelle proprietà del computer?
Ho sentito che non c'è un solo tipo di porta firewire, come faccio ad
essere sicura che quella che ho io è quella giusta per la M-AUDIO
FIREWIRE 410?

Non conosco nessuno che ha dispositivi firewire da poter provare... e
questa scheda audio farebbe proprio al caso mio.
Lo sò che molti di voi rideranno a queste domande...spero che
soprattutto loro mi diano un aiuto.

grazie a tutti
Jakob B. Olsen

"carli55" skrev i en meddelelse
om...
[...]

I'm sure You're right.....

Leoaw3

Here's a babblefish translation choosing italian to english. It looks like he
has an M-Audio firewire interface and is trying to figure out which port is the
firewire port on a japanese computer.

Blank to all, I would want to buy an audio card card M-AUDIO FIREWIRE 410 solos
that I do not have the emergency of having the door to firewire on mine
notebook... l'ho taken used one pair of fà years therefore I do not have the
documentation and I do not succeed to find it xchè is a model TOSHIBA SATELLITE
that they have only produced for Japan, with Japanese keys and so on... on web
the pages that I find on this notebook are alone in Japanese, insomma a
delirium! In the side of notebook c'è a door that me seems to be one firewall,
over c'è written 400. It could be that one? how I make to have of the
emergency? how appears firewire in the property of the computer? I have felt
that c'è a single type of door not to firewire, as I make to being sure that
that one that I have is that right one for M-AUDIO FIREWIRE 410? I do not know
nobody that has dispositi you to firewire from being able to try... and this
audio card would make just the case mine. The sò that many of you will laugh to
these questions... I hope that above all they give an aid to me. thanks to all

Leoaw3

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Suona come l'orificio sul vostro calcolatore identificato 400 è un orificio del
firewire. Ci sono collegamenti differenti per il firewire - perno 4 il perno e
6 è il più comune. Prenda il laptop al vostro commerciante di calcolatore.
Dovrebbero potere dirvi se l'orificio è firewire dopo avere guardato il
collegamento. Spiacente circa il Male, traduzione automatizzata. Buona fortuna!

It sounds like the port on your computer labeled 400 is a firewire port. There
are different connections for firewire - 4 pin and 6 pin are the most common.
Take the laptop to your computer dealer. They should be able to tell you if
the port is firewire after looking at the connection.

Sorry about the bad, automated translation. Good luck!
carli55

Wow! I really appreciate your effort of answering in italian!
Thank you very much i'll try to make an effort too then...
Unfortunately the translation wasn't clear enough so you couldn't get
one thing: I cannot bring my laptop to the seller because I didn't buy
it from a shop but from a japanese man 2 years ago, it was a bargain
so I did it! The problem is that my laptop model is only been produced
in Japan so every information I can find about it on the web is in
japanese! A complete mess
Don't you know a way that allows me to understand if that's a firewire
or not from the computer properties panel or something like that?

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me
cheers

Leoaw3

Thank you for using English! It makes it much easier for me.

Yes, you should be able to tell from the control panel. Go to the "start"
button on the main screen, and open the control panel. (if it is not on the
main start menu, you can usually find it on the "my computer" screen). From
the control panel, you may need to click the "switch to classic view" link on
the left side, if this is Windows xp. Click on "system". The box that comes
up has many tabs. Choose the one called "hardware". Choose the button in the
middle called "device manager". Look at the list of devices. You are looking
for "1394" or "IEEE 1394" as part of the name of an entry. You may see it as
"IEEE 1394 Bus Controller" or something like that. Click on the + next to
"network adapters" if you don't see it anywhere else. If you see it anywhere
on this list, the port is almost certainly firewire.

Good luck!
-lee-
carli55

I've got a 'IEEE 1394 Bus Controller' on the control panel, I can be
sure it is a firewire then!!!

thank you very much for your support and good luck for all the things
you'll make.

ciao from Italy