Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] franzen_torres@yahoo.com is offline

Default Custom Earphones for IPOD or Walkman Listening?

During a recent visit to an audiologist by my hearing-impaired partner,
I had the guy make me a custom earmold impression of both my ears,
which I intend to use for having form-fitting earbud-style earphones
encased in them. I am thinking of the Etymotics ER-6 concept, but since
I'm just a casual user, I'm not prepared to pay $300 for it. I just
wanted help in having a mould made up so I can stick inexpensive Sony
MDR Fontoia earphones into them and not let them fall out of my ear.

Is there a company that will convert my ear impressions into earphone
holder/receptacles? Or is this something I can make myself using
plaster of paris or whatever material it is that is used to make cusotm
moulded earpieces?

Thanks for any hints.