Posted to rec.audio.opinion
69strat

Default More Cambridge Soundworks 740 opinions

I got my 740 table top radio/CD player and it sounds great in any room
in my house. Huge room filling sound. It's a tiny bit sterile
sounding to me, but not bad.

I do have a problem with the radio. Even when stations come in clear,
there is a little fizz in the treble which sounds like static. Every
station has this all the time. My other cheap radios don't have this
crackley sound. It's annoying sometimes, and I've read where a few
people have had trouble with their radio reception on this unit. Is
this just the way they are or could it be defective? How is their
service?

I still have about a week and a half to return it, before the 45 days
trial expires.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
RapidRonnie

Only the use of a good generator and a distortion box or spectrum
analyzer would really answer your question.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
69strat

i dunno, i think my ears can hear this compared to another radio. I
wonder if others have this problem. ?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
69strat

Anyone have any trouble with reception with this unit? I've read some
say the radio has bad reception, but others say it's wonderful.