Posted to rec.audio.opinion,alt.home-theater.misc
Thomas G. Marshall

Default Connecting upstairs Desktop PC to my TV/stereo stuff downstairs

Just starting out here. I have amateur experience with putting together
video systems over the years, and experience configuring PC's an awful lot,
since I'm a software engineer who always seems to be doing more than he
should in the system chassis.

1. Can anyone point me to a good website telling how folks connect pc's to
entertainment centers over WIFI? I'm using a Netgear RangeMax router
currently for notebook--desktop, and I have to say that the thing is a
rock solid connection all the time.

2. I would like to investigate running my PC as a sort of DVR. Any place
for such information?

3. Thinking about running a webcam downstairs----upstairs pc----tv
downstairs

All of this is up for immediate sanity-veto by any of you of course.

Thanks,

Thomas

--
"It's easier to be terrified by an enemy you admire."
-Thufir Hawat, Mentat and Master of Assassins to House Atreides

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,alt.home-theater.misc
Pooh Bear

"Thomas G. Marshall" wrote:

Just starting out here. I have amateur experience with putting together
video systems over the years, and experience configuring PC's an awful lot,
since I'm a software engineer who always seems to be doing more than he
should in the system chassis.

1. Can anyone point me to a good website telling how folks connect pc's to
entertainment centers over WIFI? I'm using a Netgear RangeMax router
currently for notebook--desktop, and I have to say that the thing is a
rock solid connection all the time.

2. I would like to investigate running my PC as a sort of DVR. Any place
for such information?

3. Thinking about running a webcam downstairs----upstairs pc----tv
downstairs

All of this is up for immediate sanity-veto by any of you of course.

Sounds like Windows Media Center sic Edition is for you. It'll cost you a new
OS plus whatever special AV cards that you don't already have.

You even get a remote control for your PC !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,alt.home-theater.misc
AJ

This is a free media Portal resource site.

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

"Thomas G. Marshall" . com
wrote in message news:Lhhqf.1546$ul2.1414@trndny05...

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,alt.home-theater.misc
Thomas G. Marshall

AJ said something like:

"Thomas G. Marshall"
. com
wrote in message news:Lhhqf.1546$ul2.1414@trndny05...

Just starting out here. I have amateur experience with putting together
video systems over the years, and experience configuring PC's an awful
lot, since I'm a software engineer who always seems to be doing more than
he should in the system chassis.

This is a free media Portal resource site.

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

EXCELLENT!!!! Thanks for that heads up!!! If you discover anything else
that is (perhaps) tutorial or newbie targetted, I would appreciate that as
well. If it is targetted at too junior an audience, I can cope

--
"So I just, uh... I just cut them up like regular chickens?"
"Sure, just cut them up like regular chickens."