Anders Breivik

Default Wire harness adaptor (Pioneer DEH-P7500MP vs Mazda MX-3)

Sigh. I need to connect my new Pioneer to my old Mazda, and they just
won't work together I got an Mazda - ISO adaptor from the local
shop, which would "fit in 96% of the new stereos". Well it seems mine
is one of the lucky 5%? The kit has two 8 pin connectors, while my
Pioneer has one smaller 16 pin connector.

Is this a new Pioneer thing? Are there Mazda adaptors available for
this newer connector? Adaptor from the ISO connectors to the Pioneer
connector? Do I need to start matching indiviual wires?

TIA

Anders
Paul Vina

The way it's supposed to work is the harness you buy fits into the car's
existing harness. The wires that come out of the end of it need to be butt
connected to the wires on the Pioneer harness. Then you can plug one end
into the car and the other end into the Pioneer. Metra has the exact
harness you need. www.metraonline.com

Paul Vina

"Anders Breivik" wrote in message
om...
Sigh. I need to connect my new Pioneer to my old Mazda, and they just
won't work together I got an Mazda - ISO adaptor from the local
shop, which would "fit in 96% of the new stereos". Well it seems mine
is one of the lucky 5%? The kit has two 8 pin connectors, while my
Pioneer has one smaller 16 pin connector.

Is this a new Pioneer thing? Are there Mazda adaptors available for
this newer connector? Adaptor from the ISO connectors to the Pioneer
connector? Do I need to start matching indiviual wires?

TIA

Anders

Anders Breivik

"Paul Vina" wrote in message news:7qMxb.247584$275.906369@attbi_s53...
The way it's supposed to work is the harness you buy fits into the car's
existing harness. The wires that come out of the end of it need to be butt
connected to the wires on the Pioneer harness. Then you can plug one end
into the car and the other end into the Pioneer. Metra has the exact
harness you need. www.metraonline.com

Actually, I would have thought that someone would have produced a
2x8pin ISO - 16pin Pioneer adaptor. But if not, butt connecting it
is. Thanks.

Anders