Chris Thorne

Default Faceplate disassembly, Alpine TDA-7564

Hey, this is a tough trivia question, but I have been awed
before by the wizards of r.a.c. with other such questions.

Have an Alpine TDA-7564 head unit here that is working just
great, but it has a dust & condensation smear *inside* of
the faceplate crystal, over the display.

The rest of the unit and the car that it's in are both
cosmetically immaculate, so this spot is driving me nuts.

Figured that if the FP came apart, the crystal could be
cleaned from the inside. I pulled the faceplate and removed
two small Phillips screws from the back. (Note to others:
you will absolutely need jeweler's screwdrivers for this.)

That didn't do it. I looked closely and found a plastic
lip catch inside of the cassette opening. Pressed on it,
and a bit more of the case edge came loose.

It still binds tightly at over half of its length, though,
and I can't see any other fasteners or catches. Anybody
have any idea how to get this thing opened up? Thanks!

Chris

Alpine CDA-9815 vs Clarion DXZ835MP spazzwig Car Audio 4 September 15th 03 04:53 PM
Alpine CDA-9815 vs Clarion DXZ835MP spazzwig Car Audio 0 September 8th 03 02:57 AM
volvalp interface oem volvo to alpine changer P.A.J.M. Stoop Car Audio 0 August 28th 03 07:39 PM
Alpine Ai-Net marcog Car Audio 0 August 25th 03 10:51 PM
Alpine deck blew my subs! Indiglow Car Audio 9 August 16th 03 01:46 AM