Carver TX-11

Old January 26th 04, 12:01 AM
Mike Copeland

Default Carver TX-11

My Carver TX-11 will not hold the preset memories. Is there a battery in
there that needs to be replaced? Does anyone have a manual for this
tuner? I would like a copy of it please.
Mike

Old January 26th 04, 06:49 PM
Harry Lavo

"Mike Copeland" > wrote in message
. ..
> My Carver TX-11 will not hold the preset memories. Is there a battery in
> there that needs to be replaced? Does anyone have a manual for this
> tuner? I would like a copy of it please.
> Mike

Losing memory after a period of time turned off is normal. But it should
not happen right away. To quote the manual:

"Programmed stations remain stored in the memory system, even with the tuner
unplugged for up to three weeks." - p7

"If Station Presets can't be tuned and the TX-11 has been disconnected for
more than three weeks, the memory has been cleared and you'll have to
reprogram the tuner." - p16

Hope this helps.

Old January 26th 04, 06:49 PM
Harry Lavo

Old January 26th 04, 06:49 PM
Harry Lavo

Old January 26th 04, 06:49 PM
Harry Lavo

Old January 27th 04, 03:53 AM
Mike Copeland

Harry Lavo wrote:

> "Mike Copeland" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>My Carver TX-11 will not hold the preset memories. Is there a battery in
>>there that needs to be replaced? Does anyone have a manual for this
>>tuner? I would like a copy of it please.
>>Mike
>>

> Losing memory after a period of time turned off is normal. But it should
> not happen right away. To quote the manual:
>
> "Programmed stations remain stored in the memory system, even with the tuner
> unplugged for up to three weeks." - p7
>
> "If Station Presets can't be tuned and the TX-11 has been disconnected for
> more than three weeks, the memory has been cleared and you'll have to
> reprogram the tuner." - p16
>
> Hope this helps.

Huh? Are you saying it is normal to reprogram all the memories every 3
weeks? Even if the power has never been disconnected?
Mike

Old January 27th 04, 03:53 AM
Mike Copeland

Old January 27th 04, 03:53 AM
Mike Copeland

Old January 27th 04, 03:53 AM
Mike Copeland

Old January 27th 04, 12:41 PM
Mark D. Zacharias

> Huh? Are you saying it is normal to reprogram all the memories every 3
> weeks? Even if the power has never been disconnected?

It's quite possible, even likely, if the tuner is not turned on during that
time. Depends on how the power switch works, but consider this:

If the internal power is on all the time, then it couldn't lose the memory
at all, the only backup needed would be in the event of momentary power
glitches.

Mark Z.