beauchampy

Default annoying problem in Sibelius 3

Just upgraded to Sibelius 3 after using for the last few months. I am
having problems with de selecting noteheads and having the normal editing
cursor.

In sibelius 2, I would click on the notehead I had selected and it would
deselect and I would be left with the normal black editing cursor. If I try
that in Sibelius 3, the notehead just refuses to de select.

How am I supposed to return to the normal editing cursor in sibelius 3?

Apologies for poor grammar, its getting late!

Thanks in advance.

Paul Beauchamp

James Larcombe

"beauchampy" wrote in message :

In sibelius 2, I would click on the notehead I had selected and it
would deselect and I would be left with the normal black editing
cursor. If I try that in Sibelius 3, the notehead just refuses to de
select.

How am I supposed to return to the normal editing cursor in sibelius 3?

Are you talking about clicking on the note you had selected from the
Keypad window? If so, then you should hit ESC on the keyboard to 'unload'
your mouse and return to the normal normal cursor.

The only thing that makes me think this /isn't/ what you mean is that
the method you describe of leaving create mode wasn't available in v2
either. This is how it worked in version 1, though.

Hope this helps,
James.