Mac Siegel

Default Need help on replacing wind screen for EV PL-16

Hello, I have an ancient PL-16 ElectroVoice mic. I removed the wire grid to
inspect the mic one day, and the wind screen material that comes with the
mic (under the grid) just dissolved into dust. Anyway I cleaned it out
nicely, and now want to replace that small 50-cent-size piece of foam with
another. You guys probably do stuff like this all the time - what material
do you recommend?

Hal Laurent

"Mac Siegel" wrote in message
Hello, I have an ancient PL-16 ElectroVoice mic. I removed the wire grid

inspect the mic one day, and the wind screen material that comes with the
mic (under the grid) just dissolved into dust. Anyway I cleaned it out
nicely, and now want to replace that small 50-cent-size piece of foam with
another. You guys probably do stuff like this all the time - what

material
do you recommend?

Have you checked with EV?

Hal Laurent
Baltimore

Paul Stamler

"Mac Siegel" wrote in message
Hello, I have an ancient PL-16 ElectroVoice mic. I removed the wire grid

inspect the mic one day, and the wind screen material that comes with the
mic (under the grid) just dissolved into dust. Anyway I cleaned it out
nicely, and now want to replace that small 50-cent-size piece of foam with
another. You guys probably do stuff like this all the time - what

material
do you recommend?

Get in touch with Electro-Voice; they probably keep the screens in stock.

Peace,
Paul

Mike T.

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 23:00:33 GMT, "Mac Siegel"
wrote:

Hello, I have an ancient PL-16 ElectroVoice mic. I removed the wire grid to
inspect the mic one day, and the wind screen material that comes with the
mic (under the grid) just dissolved into dust. Anyway I cleaned it out
nicely, and now want to replace that small 50-cent-size piece of foam with
another. You guys probably do stuff like this all the time - what material
do you recommend?

I'm not certain about the RE-16, but I just ordered a bunch of
replacement parts from EV for some 635A's. The foam bits cost $0.45
each. Wire mesh grilles were $4.30 each.

The RE-16 is a fine mic, well worth bringing back to it's original
spec.

Mike T.

Scott Dorsey

wrote:

Hello, I have an ancient PL-16 ElectroVoice mic. I removed the wire grid to
inspect the mic one day, and the wind screen material that comes with the
mic (under the grid) just dissolved into dust. Anyway I cleaned it out
nicely, and now want to replace that small 50-cent-size piece of foam with
another. You guys probably do stuff like this all the time - what material
do you recommend?

I'm not certain about the RE-16, but I just ordered a bunch of
replacement parts from EV for some 635A's. The foam bits cost $0.45
each. Wire mesh grilles were $4.30 each.

The RE-16 is a fine mic, well worth bringing back to it's original
spec.

And if you want just one foam piece, EV parts will usually send you one for
free.