Jason

Default Free Hardware now for Sirius Satellite radio

"Eric" wrote in message
om...
They are giving away plug and plays from Audiovox and Kenwood if you
sign up for a year. Pretty cool. Details on the link below.

h**p://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2192&sid=64ec647275a3f5
2b5f
c75d389deeaed9

I think they just started this.

Is this a mail-in rebate or something? It says instant, but doesnt say how
it works. Might have to stop by Best Buy on the way home to check this out.
I wasnt 100% pleased with Sirius, but for 50 bucks for hardware, I wouldnt
mind having it. If only they would dorp a few stations and improve the
audio quality, I would be set.

SentraStyleEMW

It is free when you buy an antenna, purchase installation, and commit to a 1
year subscription.
Eric

This is not the same rebate as what is in the stores. They are giving
away the plug and play units to friends and families of employees, the
link has the phone number to call and the referral name to give. It's
wierd that you have to pay for the same thing in the stores.

This may be the wave of the future of sat radio though, just like the
cell phone companies, give away the hardware for a subscription
commitment.

"Jason" wrote in message ...
"Eric" wrote in message
om...
They are giving away plug and plays from Audiovox and Kenwood if you
sign up for a year. Pretty cool. Details on the link below.

h**p://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2192&sid=64ec647275a3f5
2b5f
c75d389deeaed9

I think they just started this.

Is this a mail-in rebate or something? It says instant, but doesnt say how
it works. Might have to stop by Best Buy on the way home to check this out.
I wasnt 100% pleased with Sirius, but for 50 bucks for hardware, I wouldnt
mind having it. If only they would dorp a few stations and improve the
audio quality, I would be set.

David

That is not the Friends and Family promotion.

This is:

purchase of subscription

provided by John McMullen):

This afternoon, I mentioned on my show that there is now an
opportunity to get a free SIRIUS Satellite Radio portable receiver.
These are the new units that will work in a home/office or automobile.
I'm sending this out to friends and family because, it's the SIRIUS
friends and family accommodations program. I'd like to offer you the
opportunity to take advantage of this great deal.

Here's how it works....

To be eligible, you have to be a family member... or friend of an
employee. And, anyone who listens to my show is DEFINITELY a friend!!
Orders for the radios are limited to one system and one activation per
participant. Orders must be placed no later than September 30, 2003,
and the radio must be activated by October 31st at the very latest.
Your acceptance of the hardware authorizes SIRIUS to activate and bill
the credit card you use for $77.70 for the first 6 months of service.
A one-year programming commitment is required at the time of
activation. The second payment of $77.70 for the year's service is due
approximately six months later. We will ship the system to the
specified shipping address within 72 hours as long as hardware is in
stock. You get FREE activation (normally $15). If you choose to
deactivate service within the first year, a $30 charge will be billed
for the cancellation fee to your credit card.

Now, keep in mind that this program has limited quantities of our new
portable radios so if you want to take advantage of this free
hardware/free activation offer, you will want to act quickly.

There are two systems to choose from:

1. Kenwood Here2Anywhere System: KTC-H2A1
KPA-H2C (car kit docking station)
KPA-HTH (home kit docking station)

or

2. Audiovox SRS: Satellite Radio Shuttle
SIR-CK1 (car kit with built-in FM transmitter)
SIR-HK1 (home kit)

Here's how you order...

Call 800-466-9742 between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Time, between 7
a.m. and 4 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Saturday, no later than
September 30, 2003.

Alert the SIRIUS representative that you are calling in for the
Employee Friends & Family Program.

Provide the SIRIUS rep with the following:
Your Name
Your Home Address
Your Phone Number
Your Credit Card Information
Your Hardware Selection (I personally recommend the Audiovox system,
but both are cool... Audiovox is best if you plan to get the car kit
because it has a built in FM modulator that will allow you to transmit
to your existing car stereo)
Give the representative my name, John McMullen, as your employee
referral.

Once your system arrives (usually within a week), you will need to
install it. It's VERY EASY. However, if you find it confusing, you can
take it to a installation service at any of our major retailers. They
will charge for this service. But, again, the portable units are easy
to install because they don't involve modifying your vehicles. After
installing, turn on the radio and select channel 184, the Preview
Channel, to confirm that it is working properly.

THEN... Call SIRIUS at 888-539-7474 to Activate the unit.

When you talk with the service representative, you will need to
provide them with your contact information and your SIRIUS ID Number
from your receiver which will be located on the outside of the system
box (it can also be found on the display by pushing the correct
buttons detailed in the instruction manual)."

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:16:07 -0500, "Jason" wrote:

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...=1022077284083
This is what I found, and it seems completely different. It says:

"1. Purchase an Antenna.
2. You'll get your FREE TUNER in the store - instant gratification!
3. Get it all installed.
4. Activate an annual subscription within 30 days of purchase and get 1
month FREE!"

This implys that if you buy an antenna, you get a tuner for free. I have a
Sirius capable Head Unit, so it seems to me, that I can go into Best Buy and
get a 50 dollar Terk antenna, and walk out with a free Kenwwod KTC-SR901 &
902, Clarion DSH920S, Panasonic CR-SRT100, or Audiovox SRSIR-002 tuner (mine
is Kenwood).

BUT does this require any mail in rebates? Does it require I have it
installed (I can do it myself easily). It doesnt mention either of these
things. I need to call or stop by Best Buy and see. Too bad Circuit City
no longer carried Kenwood tuners.