Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Rich Klestinez Rich Klestinez is offline

Default FS two B&K 707 tube testers

Serial number T11717
This model 707 B&K tube tester is just about 95% in mint condition. There
are no tears in the vinyl and all printing is clear and un-faded. Includes
a test chart, instruction manual, addendums and plate/grid cap adaptor.
There are slight rust pits on the clasps The tubes are good and all
electrolytics and out of tolerance resistors have been changed. The unit
was calibrated on 12/14.08 Shown testing a 6l6 tube.

Serial number T20303
This model 707 B&K tube tester is just about 80% in mint condition. The
power transformer has been changed to B&K 065-088-9-001 as there is no 5V
filament voltage for the 83 tube it does not use one. There are two small
tears in the vinyl on the bottom and the printing is not faded. Includes a
test chart, instruction manual copy, of addendums and plate/grid cap
adaptor. There are slight rust pits on the clasps The other tube is good and
all electrolytics and out of tolerance resistors have been changed. The
unit was calibrated on 12/14.08 Shown testing a 6l6 tube.

Will ship to USA address only.

send me an e-mail (((( richklestinez(at)charter.net ))))))) change the
(at) to @
I will send you the pictures of them testing a 6L6 tube.

Most of them I have seen on e-bay and this one
http://www.vacuumtubes.com/B&K_707.html seem to be in the $300 to $400
range if they are working and in good shape.

I have a TV-7/U also that I will be selling as soon as I get rid of all the
tubes that I have. It is my pride an joy and is pretty darn good shape
although I havent calibrated it in about 3 years.

Let me know

Rich Klestinez
The Amp Man
Fort Worth TX.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Dec 18, 12:28*pm, "Rich Klestinez" wrote:
[...]

For the record, the B&Ks are Dynamic Mutual Conductance Testers.
This makes them somewhat less accurate than a Mutual Conductance
Tester (per the literature ~+/-15% less) but far more accurate and far
more useful than simple emissions-only testers.

The Hickok-pattern TV-7 is a true Mutual Conductance Tester, and as it
is the Military version, much sought after. Only the "B" version was
actually made by Hickok.

Neither is capable of matching tubes as-configured. Neither is capable
of adjustable bias. Both are fair-to-good testers otherwise as these
things go and true work-horses in their day.

More on B&K testers here (Not my site, but a good one):

http://tone-lizard.com/B&K.html

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
bigwig bigwig is offline

On 19 Dec, 00:39, Peter Wieck wrote:
[...]

Melrose Park, PA- Hide quoted text -

Excellent,
When I worked in the TV repair shop the old boy Mr Craft had a HK
tube rejuvinator/tester. It did work, my first TV was a ****ty little
Furgy. It had a blown supply when Mr Craft put it on my bench (He knew
they were crap and it would be good for me to cut my teeth on) I
modded it and it worked well. He was suprised by this as they were
really very bad. Any way the ****e Panasonic tube they used was rough
as arse. He stuck it on the BK and made me leave the room, I now know
why as it is pretty brutal. The TV lasted another 15 years, even then
it was OK just the **** poor degaus circuit was buggered and it looked
like a rainbow;-)
Matt