Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bob H. Bob H. is offline

Default Isn't this a Hammer Super 12?

Sort of on/off topic, but these speakers were designed for tube use (or
at least is used in that capacity).

I noticed this speaker on Jute's website. It's actually a close copy
of the Hammer Super 12, designed by John Wykoff shortly before he
passed away. I think he spent around 5 years developing the exact
specs. Colleen, his wife, now runs the business.
I know about this speaker, because I built a pair around 2000, and
still own them.
Jute's knock-off uses a standard Eminence 12 inch full ranger, where
John used a custom-built Eminence driver. The tweeter mounting and
location is unique, and is copied exactly. The cab size is within 2
liters, and the dimensions are very close.
I suspect Jute's 6khz crossover is due to the standard driver
limitations. John's crossover is at 12khz due to the increased
performance of the custom driver.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...dre%20Jute.htm

http://www.hammerdynamics.com/

I noticed the supposed 1999 copywrite, but then something which led me
to believe the date is bogus: Jute claims credit to a few bracing
tweaks, which are documented by Super 12 builders on the single driver
website Super 12 section. The tweaks are very specific.

http://melhuish.org/audio/super12.html

I suppose Jute actually designed this speaker, and everyone else copied
his design and tweaks........naaaaahh.

Bob H.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Alan Rutlidge Alan Rutlidge is offline

"Bob H." wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Nothing here at the above link on the Hammer Super 12. :-(
Has the page / link been removed or the link you provided incorrect?

Cheers,
Alan

http://www.hammerdynamics.com/

I noticed the supposed 1999 copywrite, but then something which led me
to believe the date is bogus: Jute claims credit to a few bracing
tweaks, which are documented by Super 12 builders on the single driver
website Super 12 section. The tweaks are very specific.

http://melhuish.org/audio/super12.html

I suppose Jute actually designed this speaker, and everyone else copied
his design and tweaks........naaaaahh.

Bob H.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bob H. Bob H. is offline

Hi

I just clicked on it and it worked. Maybe the site was down
temporarily.

re/Bob H.

Alan Rutlidge wrote:
"Bob H." wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Bob H. wrote:
I noticed this speaker on Jute's website. It's actually a close copy
of the Hammer Super 12, designed by John Wykoff

Crap. And here, from another thread, Bubba Hedberg, who writes to RAT
as "Bob H.", repeats his dumb accusation:

The speaker is great. It's also a knock-off without any honorable
mention of where you got the data.

You're a fool, Bubba. I never heard of John Wykoff or his Hammer Super
12 before I designed and built my speaker The Impresario.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...Impresario.jpg
The 1999 copyright date on my blueprint merely dates the tidy final
drawing itself and protects it from garage vermin trying to build
copies for profit; I published my dimensions and constructional details
within a week of receiving the driver samples, probably in 1997, which
was around the time I designed my SEntry trioded EL34 student's amp
which The Impresario was created to partner. Many others designed
around the Eminence Beta 12 LT (the speaker Wykoff "tweaked" and then
sold for five times the guitar store price, a nice little ripoff if you
can get away with it) and also put their designs in the public domain;
many of these were pretty close to my design but I didn't accuse them
of theft. In fact, Thorsten Loesch and I congratulated each other on
arriving at almost the same result. That's the difference between
knowing something of the imperatives of good loudspeaker design and
being an ignoramus like you.

Let's see this dumbo Bubba Hedberg in action again:

without any honorable mention of where you got the data.

The Thiele-Small data came from Eminence and they are adequately
thanked for the data and the samples by publishing my design for any
DIYer to build a pair. The proportions came from the Parthenon and that
source is also acknowledged in the word "Phi" and the mathematical
formula written right there on the blueprint, not that I would expect
an undereducated, zero-culture American redneck like you to understand
the reference. The positioning of the braces come from general
loudspeaker engineering learned from Gilbert Briggs's vintage book,
which I have often recommended, the positioning of the tweeters from
the desire to keep the apparent point source that is the fundamental
specification of my speaker, and so on ad infinitum, everything
rationally integrated. I do the job right from the start. "Tweaks" and
suchlike kludgery I leave to the hangers-on of audio like you.

If the Wykoff Hammer Super 12 for *five times the money of my free
design* is as incompetent as you claim (in your desire to "tweak it
right" by incorporating my Impresario's superior construction and
bracing details into the Hammer Super 12) then you really wasted your
money. But, like I said, you're a right bubba of a fool.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

shortly before he
passed away. I think he spent around 5 years developing the exact
specs. Colleen, his wife, now runs the business.
I know about this speaker, because I built a pair around 2000, and
still own them.
Jute's knock-off uses a standard Eminence 12 inch full ranger, where
John used a custom-built Eminence driver. The tweeter mounting and
location is unique, and is copied exactly. The cab size is within 2
liters, and the dimensions are very close.
I suspect Jute's 6khz crossover is due to the standard driver
limitations. John's crossover is at 12khz due to the increased
performance of the custom driver.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...dre%20Jute.htm

This tenth-rate bubba Hedberg can't even get a URL right after two
tries. The Impresario speaker is at
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...Impresario.jpg

http://www.hammerdynamics.com/

I noticed the supposed 1999 copywrite, but then something which led me
to believe the date is bogus: Jute claims credit to a few bracing
tweaks, which are documented by Super 12 builders on the single driver
website Super 12 section. The tweaks are very specific.

http://melhuish.org/audio/super12.html

I suppose Jute actually designed this speaker, and everyone else copied
his design and tweaks........naaaaahh.

Bob H.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Bob H. wrote:
I guess I'm just a blithering idiot. Uhuh huh huh.

Bob H.

Not only are you a dub-bubba, Hedberg, you're a liar, you're an ingrate
and you lack grace.

I have already demonstrated, below, that you are a moron beyond belief
who can't even get a URL right, who doesn't do his homework, who
immorally runs around accusing his betters of theft and dishonesty on
no evidence whatsoever except your little "feelings" of like and
dislike.

You're an ingrate for wanting to use the fruits of my mind without
having the decency to thank me for making them freely available; quite
the contrary, even while using the fruits of my mind to gimmick your
incompetent Hammer Super 12s right, you were accusing me of stealing
the design from a dead man, without the slightest shred of proof. You
make me sick at the stomach, Hedberg.

Then, when your lies are exposed by a barrage of facts that you cannot
argue with, you don't offer an apology, you have another dumb smartarse
comment to make:
Ahhh, a flash of the old Andre. What a warm and fuzzy feeling.

If your parents are still alive, I bet they're ashamed of what they
have bred. You, Bob Hedberg, are a liar without breeding or grace. You
are slime.

Andre Jute

Andre Jute wrote:
Bob H. wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bob H. Bob H. is offline

Man, who ****ed in your cornflakes?

I didn't intend to copy your plans. The schematics you post are not
new, and have been built time and time again. I'll go find that bridge
rectifier somewhere for sure.
Cap coupled 6sn7's abound, using all sort of biasing values. Just
because you slap a copyrite on it doesn't mean you've invented it. And
BTW, where did you notice the rectifier email being addressed to you?
I really don't care about your input on it, because you've copied it
from somewhere else.

I think you did "lift" some information about that speaker. Just
because you slap a copyrite on that doesn't mean anything.

Why can't you just say "here's a my version of a popular circuit"?
Why can't you just say "heres a low cost alternative to this type of
speaker"?

I've used my name in several recent posts. That was some sluething,
there. Bob H. is just easier to type.

Of course in the big picture of things, all this is irrelavent, because
you're irrelavent.

You start out almost sounding normal, then eventually degenerate to the
personal attacks your'e so skilled at, disappear from usenet for
awhile, and show back up re-incarnated. Then you befriend a couple,
insult (and now slander) many others, and so the cycle continues.

I'm done here. Say what you will.

Bob H.

Andre Jute wrote:
Bob H. wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

The lying scumball Bubba "Bob H." Hedberg wrote:

I think you did "lift" some information about that speaker.

One really has to wonder what you "think" with, Bubba. It seems to me
that "emote" or even "fart out" better describes what you do -- and
the location of whatever walnut of petrified turd passes for your
"brain".

Your iterated lies are deliberate libels after I have told you clearly
and repeatedly that I never heard of Wykoff and his Hammer Super 12
before I designed my superior loudspeaker
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...Impresario.jpg

Andre Jute
Zero tolerance for the enemies of fidelity