Patrick Turner

Default The turneroid School of Amp Design by Hammer

Below is the usual post full of BS we continue to get from Andre.
This time its about speakers, so the header for post
is erroneous.

The fact is that a hammer was the least used tool of many used in the production
of my speakers which were displayed in a couple of hi-fi shops here
where they were regarded as better than the rest, often costing a lot more.
They were also demoed to the ASON club, along with
my amplifiers, and they thought they were just wonderful, and so much better
than the far more expensive system they had heard during the previous months's
demonstration which had a $120,000 system by a hi-end US maker.

Andre makes and sells nothing, and must be jealous of anyone else
who enjoys success at making fine audio gear.

Andre Jute's attitude and mental condition continues to deteriorate slowly,
and he refuses to take his medications.

Patrick Turner.

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer wrote:

The turneroid School of Amp Design by Hammer
rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

I have no idea what you think an amp designer does with a hammer, Turner. I dont have a hammer. Everything I design fits right. That you even think a hammer is a tool for an amp designer tells us a great about you and your amps. Do you also have a big army knife with a bayonet point that you call my bodger, like some tenth-rate mechanic pretending to be a fitter?

If you think Fostex point source drivers are expensive, what sort of ****ty public address system drivers do you use in your own misaligned speakers? (My horns use Lowther drivers, at about five or six times the price of the best Fostex. Because of the laws of marginality, they are about twice as good as Fostex.)

That you have never heard good horns would be a tragedy if you were really an audiophile, which your miserable 60-disc collection tells us you are not. For someone who pretends as you do to be a manufacturer of amplifiers and speakers, it is a catastrophe.

If you went to concerts of good music, instead of just building copies of speakers by the other non-kulturny, you would know that correctly sized horns approach the original closer than anything except Quad electrostats. In short, your reference is other bad speakers, not the original performance.

Still, my offer is open. You may put the photographs of my latest horns and their accompanying microwatt amplifier on your netsite for a year, and perhaps the several customers they will attract will let you listen to them, after which I confidently expect you will be building copies of my designs. That is usually the path followed by your kind of get-rich-quick merchant without any ideas of his own.

Andre Jute
PS Turner, you arent fit to lick the boots of Bruce Edgar, either.

Choky, a Tacky Turner Troll from Serbia, which accounts for his violent style, wrote:

Psychotic Midget is too obsessed with his own ego psychosis, to be able to
make any decent piece of musical equipment.
to make real piece of gear,you must feel passion and love for that and
something else,not just hate.............
who really believe in your horn story?
go somewhere on the net,and keep looking at real work and real horns and
real amps, and stop with lies.
Psychotic Midget and tube audio.......?!

El Maximum Cigarogem of the Tacky Turner Trolls, one Patrick Turner of Turner Audio, Canberra, then replied:

Perhaps uncle Andrea has trouble garnishing his creations with suitable WU.
Wu is of course, something or other in the japanese zen masters minds that is
used when building their amps and speakers, to imbue special sound quality,
which makes Ongaku SET amps sell for $100,000 a channel each.
So you pay for wu alright.

I have visions of Andre bashing away with hammer and saw,
stabbing with the paint brush angrily, after filling all the
hammer marks with putty, swearing about those horrible turneroids,
and itd be impossible to get the WU factor correct.

I have known a couple of local guys who tried to build horns,
and by jove, what a terribly expensive way to waste timber,
and create firewood that all turned out to be.
And they spent so much on the full range drivers from Fostex.
These were like fragile speakers from an old radio, complete with whizzer cones.

Im darned if I could see any value.
They were so so sure their calculations and plans were SO correct,
but at the end of the day, the sound was like it was buried in a box somewhere,
and not even my class A triode amps made it improve.
The large Edgar horns I heard at an audio club gathering seemed to let
some but not all bass tones be heard, ie, some bass notes in a tune just went
awol.
The treble shouted at you.
I have yet to hear a decent modern horn system, although I have memories of
hearing
reasonable horns in the local cinemas in the late 50s and 60s,
when all the gear was horns and tubes, and our young ears didnt notice anything

much was wrong.

I remain hopeful and eager to hear a decent pair of horns.

Patrick Turner.

rfgbn

tweaks and proof Rich.Andrews High End Audio 301 July 19th 04 11:38 PM
Another challenge to the turneroid Choky Vacuum Tubes 3 December 24th 03 02:25 AM
Design or Engineering !? malcolm Tech 18 November 1st 03 08:39 PM
Adapting an older design? (was Tube AM Tuner...) Robert Casey Vacuum Tubes 4 July 13th 03 06:47 PM