soundwave

Default installer tip

I just finish a dvd install in a van. When I finish I got a grey blank
screen. I check and change the video cable, I switch the screen and I
also check for power and polarity, nothing work. I am using a pyle dvd
player with built in tuner (plt98) The dvd player have a 12v output,
that particular output was showing 11.73v which is enough to power the
screen. other part of the vehicle was showing 12.40v. I started the
vehicle and the higher voltage from the alt didn't help. I
disconnected the power from the back of the dvd that was feeding the
screen and pwr it directly from the batt and the screen work ok. To
make a long story short even though I was getting power from at the
back of the dvd player it was not working properly but when I get pwr
from other part of the vehicle it work fine
--
soundwave
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=164063

EFFENDI

soundwave wrote:

[...]

Cool thanks for sharing. But I would check the other wiring as to the
cause of voltage drop.

EFFENDI
David

The DVD's 12v output is probably intended to drive a relay that will supply
power to the other equipment...

For more info on wiring a relay, visit www.UnderTheDash.com and post
specific wiring questions on 'the Board...

David
UnderTheDash.com

"soundwave" wrote in message
s.com...
[...]

Daniel Stocker

Default Off Topic - PYLE

What? No one flames him about PYLE? That's interesting (and quite mature).
Is PYLE okay now or something? About 18 months ago when I said I was
thinking about getting a PYLE MP3 player, I got hammered (BTW it's still
going sweet as).

Just Wondering,
Daniel

s.com...