Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Zilog Zilog is offline

Default Old testinstruments needs a helping hand

Hi,
My friend, a broadcasting engineer and amp repair man, passed away at
the age of 92.

He left me with some equipment and one of these goodies is a
Milliohmmeter, "Model 47".
It's been made by "Electronic Instruments Limited" from Richmond, Surrey
in England.

I can't make it work and have no real idea on how to use and calibrate
it so that the readings make sense.
I see no damages inside and all is in perfect condition.
I like to bring it up to working condition and use it.
It has a very, very sensitive range.
Pictures available on request.

It needs a 4 wire measuring cable to make accurate measurements.
So if you remember to have seen such an instrument and have a manual
and/or schematic for it; please, yes, I like it.
Expenses paid.

And now that I'me asking;
I have an "Advance SG70" Signal Generator that needs a schematic to.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Zilog
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"Zilog" wrote in message
Hi,
My friend, a broadcasting engineer and amp repair man, passed away at the
age of 92.

He left me with some equipment and one of these goodies is a
Milliohmmeter, "Model 47".
It's been made by "Electronic Instruments Limited" from Richmond, Surrey
in England.

The company is still in business.
http://www.zibb.com/all/theme/p/Elec...chmond,+Surrey

Make contact with them. UK companies often still have documentation
or someone still on the staff who might remember an old instrument.

And now that I'me asking;
I have an "Advance SG70" Signal Generator that needs a schematic to.

Try
http://www.mauritron.com/

Good luck

Iain

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Zilog Zilog is offline

Iain Churches wrote:
"Zilog" wrote in message
Hi,
My friend, a broadcasting engineer and amp repair man, passed away at the
age of 92.

He left me with some equipment and one of these goodies is a
Milliohmmeter, "Model 47".
It's been made by "Electronic Instruments Limited" from Richmond, Surrey
in England.

The company is still in business.
http://www.zibb.com/all/theme/p/Elec...chmond,+Surrey

Make contact with them. UK companies often still have documentation
or someone still on the staff who might remember an old instrument.

And now that I'me asking;
I have an "Advance SG70" Signal Generator that needs a schematic to.

Try
http://www.mauritron.com/

Good luck

Iain