Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

Default 95 firebird

it has steering wheel controls...for the radio.
can i hook other stereos up to this?????

Posted to rec.audio.car
James James is offline

They sell adapters that allow other radios to work on stock steering
controls.

check out crutchfield.com for these items.

James

Aquinas Aquinas is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob wald View Post
it has steering wheel controls...for the radio.
can i hook other stereos up to this?????
We just bought a 95 firebird 5.0 yes 5.0 and it also says police inceptor on the side. It is an incredibly fast car. Runs great as well with really the only problem being a motor on the front driver light that brings it up being a little off so sometimes you have to manually turn the knob to reset the motor. It's red with a white stripe down the middle. So my question again is, is it a good buy? How much is this really even worth?
ok so someone said they lol'd cause I said 5.0 yes 5.0 and it also says police inceptor. First off don't know why you would "lol" but it doesn't matter. I say 5.0 twice cause we had some friends say they didn't believe it was a 5.0 and when we opened the hood they were like "oh wow this is definitely a 5.0". I don't know much about cars, obviously, and I'm just giving what details I know and see. It says police inceptor on the side quite small and the previous owner said it used to be an undercover police car which is why the old engine was replaced with a 5.0 engine. We paid $2000 because it was from a close friend of ours. There are 151,000 miles on it as well. The inside has some crazy little add ons like this red neon light that runs across the whole dash that serves as the interior lighting.
oh and what I mean by the front light motor, is the driver side front headlight pops up when you turn on the lights and a little motor controls this. That motor on that side is a little off and can sometimes stick so you have to pop the hood and there is a knob that you turn to reset it then it works fine for awhile. It doesn't happen that often though at all.
quick add to smart *** response to the police inceptor being a giveaway that it's an undercover car, I should have stated that it is on the inside. Sorry for the confusion. I have no clue if the story about the undercover car is true or not but that is what we were told. It doesn't actually matter to me if it was or not. thank you for everyone that responded too. I think $2000 might have been an alright price for what it is.