TomM in NY

Default Old Pioneer PL5 Direct Drive turntable running slow

I have an old PL5 Direct drive turntable. It tends to run slow even when I
adjust the speed control all the way to the + side. Does anyone have any ideas
as to what I could do to get it back up to speed? It has a strobe on the front
so I can visually tell when it is the correct speed.

Thanks in advance
Tom