Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design
Chris Siz Chris Siz is offline

Default OK to use TV coax for microphone?

I am in the UK and have a 10m length of some cheap TV aerial coax. It
came from a discount store as a TV coax extension cable. I measure the
cable diameter as 4.8mm.

(1) Is it ok to use this sort of coax for a microphone? I don't want
an impaired audio signal. The length I need to use is 3 to 4 metres.

(2) Is it ok for UHF TV or is it actually quite low grade coax and
prone to interference or mess up the aerial signal?

--

[x-posted to 3 relevant groups]

What are the main difference between dynamic microphone and condenser microphone? guitara Pro Audio 3 July 8th 07 08:27 PM
optical better than coax??? MZ Tech 8 July 6th 05 11:59 PM
hoax or coax? Institut de Sexualité humaine Audio Opinions 2 March 21st 05 10:21 PM
Digital coax vs. TOSLINK Kalman Rubinson High End Audio 3 August 20th 03 03:32 AM
dolby coax to L,C,R,LS,RS,LFE gobjef Pro Audio 11 August 13th 03 02:57 PM