gavincha

Default honda civic 94 speaker problem

hi, newbie problem here

i'm looking for some advice/info on a stereo system if possible. i
recently purchased a sony mp3 head unit, and speakers. 2 sets of 5.25
inch , and 1 pair of 6x9 inch. my problem is that with my car - a 94
civic saloon, the 6x9s dont fit in the rear panel, so i had to replace
these with a 5.25 pair. as a result, i'm getting little or no bass
from the whole setup. at the moment its only a 4 speaker setup - no
panels for speakers on the rear doors.

i'm just trying to find out if there's any way to use the 6x9s or
whether i need a woofer and amp to get any bass? would the 6x9s make
that much of a difference? other people i know who have factory
installed systems have way more bass - is this just due to speaker
size??

any help would be appreciated

cheers,