Default Pinko Presumptuous: yours, gentlemen of UKRA?

Gentlemen and others on UKRA:

Poor Pinko Presumptuous is being crucified on RAT. You UKRA jokers who
sent the pitiful little man to RAT to "take the fight to the enemy" (1)
had better come fetch what's left of your gladiatorial envoy before
there is nothing left except a whimpering wet spot.

Pinkerton is a posturing poodlefaker who knows nothing about
electronics we don't already know and less about polemics. Below is a
dire example of Pinko running kamikazi-fashion to commit suicide.

Next time you desk soldiers of UKRA want to declare war on RAT, send
someone who at least has the wit to be entertaining while he flames us.
Since you clearly have no one with the faintest glimmer, perhaps you
should borrow Lord Valve from alt.guitar.amps or go get Arnie from
wherever. RAT is a first class newsgroup; we deserve to be flamed by a
first class flame merchant, not some faintwitted tenth carbon copy.
Pinkerton isn't just turning himself into a laughingstock, he's turning
UKRA, his boorish sponsor (2), into a laughingstock. He's giving
engineers everywhere a bad name by his eagerness to fall over his own
feet.

Sheesh! A little flame war isn't rocket science -- and you send us this
congenital eejit! How can you expect anyone to treat you with respect
if Pinkerton is the best you can manage?

Andre Jute

(1) uk.rec.audio in the thread "A little birdie tells me.... " on and
around 8 December 2004: "kudos for 'taking the fight to the
enemy'...!!!"
(2) How can it not be boorish for you to send a piece of transistor
slime to assault a tube newsgroup without any provocation? It is doubly
boorish to send such an unsubtle and unsophisticated incompetent as
Pinkerton.

****
Here's just one sample of the Pinko's stumblebum stupidities on RAT:

John Byrns wrote, quoting Andre Jute:
(1) One can easily spot the most useless engineers. Twenty and

thirty
years after they left college they insist on telling everyone

that they
have a diploma and that after years of switching on the lights

over the
boards of more creative men they rose all the way to "senior
designer". Typically they have been pushed out of jobs as

analog or
digital hardware engineers and now do "software engineering"

which
is most often a euphemism for plugging together the computers

of more
productive workers, or they have other jobs altogether and

resent their
fall enough not to care that they expose their bitterness in

public.

Stewart Pinkerton whined:
On a completely seperate note, I am disappointed that you would
egregiously include the bitter ravings of Jute in your post. I

thought
better of you. Jute's post tells much more of him than of me, and

had presumed more of you than to be a mirror of his despair.

John Byrns replied:
What you call the "bitter ravings of Jute" is the only plausible
explanation I have yet seen for your activities in this group. Your

whole
purpose for posting in this group appears to be to make as many

negative
comments about tube amplifiers as possible [snip]. Can you give a

better
reason than Andre's to explain your apparent need to make constant
negative comments about tubes, in a group of tube lovers?

Stewart Pinkerton whined ever more defensively:
If you took the trouble to actually read what I wrote, you'd see that
I have no problem with those who design with tubes for hobby reasons.
I do however have a problem with those who claim that tubes have any
kind of genuine superiority in terms of high fidelity to the source.
This simply is *not* the case, and I'm happy to explain exactly why
this is so.
Regrettably, some tubeophiles get upset when their pet theories are
debunked, and feel a desperate need to shoot the messenger. I've

never
yet seen a *logical* rebuttal to my arguments.

To which the answer, from those few who can still be bothered with
Pinkerton, will probably be, Who cares **** what your "problems" are.
But there's no need to go there. Come fetch the damp little squirt
home, will you. This is getting embarrassing.

Pinko for Pinkerton's entryism, a process devised by Lenin for taking
over "enemies" from within. Also for the pink social climber's coat he
wears while watching small animals torn apart hy hounds.

Presumptuous for his method of taking a single fact out of context,
building a fantastical set of connections on it, then posturing as an
expert, then on his erroneous single "fact" fantastically abusing
people who actually know what they're talking about, then, without
apology, excusing himself for "presuming" facts where there are none.
On this basis this immoral slimeball called me a mass murderer!

Pinko Presumptuous! Of course he is. It is impossible to defend such
unprincipled trash. Pinkerton imparts a stink to the good name of the
vast majority of decent engineers.

Andre Jute

Stewart Pinkerton

On 24 Mar 2005 23:20:02 -0800, "
wrote:

Presumptuous for his method of taking a single fact out of context,
building a fantastical set of connections on it, then posturing as an
expert, then on his erroneous single "fact" fantastically abusing
people who actually know what they're talking about, then, without
apology, excusing himself for "presuming" facts where there are none.
On this basis this immoral slimeball called me a mass murderer!

Still wriggling on the hook, eh?

Pinko Presumptuous! Of course he is. It is impossible to defend such
unprincipled trash. Pinkerton imparts a stink to the good name of the
vast majority of decent engineers.

How would you know, with your nose buried so deep in your own
excrement that you have to create a fawning band of sycophantic
sockpuppets to satisfy your desperate need for admiration? You are a
laughing stock, a bitter old man crying into his Guinness about the
good old days of putting 'fellows' up in front of firing squads.

Get professional help, NOW!

Keith G

wrote in message
oups.com...
Gentlemen and others on UKRA:

crap snipped

Give it a rest now - you're just making yourself look silly....

mick

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:36:54 -0800, fiultra wrote:

Gentlemen and others on UKRA:

Poor Pinko Presumptuous is being crucified on RAT. You UKRA jokers who
sent the pitiful little man to RAT to "take the fight to the enemy" (1)
had better come fetch what's left of your gladiatorial envoy before
there is nothing left except a whimpering wet spot.

snip

Hi Andre, welcome to sanity...

Do you really think anyone here really *cares* about the feuds on RAT?
That lot don't even use the right name for Valves!

Please - don't drag this out across more than one newsgroup. It is a waste
of effort on your part (even if it is fun!) and can only make you look
foolish eventually. It isn't worth it.

The same goes to you too, SP - lets please keep *one* area of sanity. The
other side of the pond is obviously not the place!

--
Mick
(no M$ software on here... :-) )

Keith G wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
Gentlemen and others on UKRA:

crap snipped
Give it a rest now - you're just making yourself look silly....

Below is the evidence that you silly jerks on UKRA sent the eejit
Pinkerton on a crusade to "exterminate" RAT. It puts the egg on your
faces, not mine. You can't sneer the facts of your complicity in this
boorishness out of existence.

Here, with compliments from those you called "scrotum-rubbers" is your
standard-bearer back, in tatters.

I suggest you shut the **** up lest I decide to do to UKRA what you
sent Pinkerton to do to RAT, but to do it competently.

Andre Jute

UKRA's GUILT, FROM ITS OWN MOUTH AT:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/... 8d762a34479b

*******
A little birdie tells me....

Keith G
Dec 7 2004, 3:31 pm

.....that Pinky has legged it over to RAT and is waving Sand Amps in
their
faces!!

I suppose you've got to give the **** kudos for 'taking the fight to
the
enemy'...!!!

(I bet that's got all the scrotum-rubbers in a tiz!! :-)
**********

AND, FOR THE RECORD, HERE IS THE OUTCOME OF PINKERTON'S CRUSADE TO
"EXTERMINATE" RAT:

[...]

Yo, scumball, you haven't answered this point:

Pinko for Pinkerton's entryism, a process devised by Lenin for taking
over "enemies" from within. Also for the pink social climber's coat he
wears while watching small animals torn apart hy hounds.

Andre Jute

The character assassin Stewart Pinkerton wrote:
On 24 Mar 2005 23:20:02 -0800, "

wrote:

[...]

Eiron

Andre,

Is your anecdote true about the Rolex, the South American gaoler
and the firing squad? Does the watch still keep good time?

--
Eiron.

mick wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:

Gentlemen and others on UKRA:

Poor Pinko Presumptuous is being crucified on RAT. You UKRA jokers

who
sent the pitiful little man to RAT to "take the fight to the enemy"

(1)
had better come fetch what's left of your gladiatorial envoy before
there is nothing left except a whimpering wet spot.

snip

Hi Andre, welcome to sanity...

Do you really think anyone here really *cares* about the feuds on

RAT?
That lot don't even use the right name for Valves!

It appears that on UKRA they do care enough to make an issue of what
happens on RAT. Try this letter from one Keith G, a typical UKRA
pudding pull:

*******
A little birdie tells me....

Keith G
Dec 7 2004, 3:31 pm

.....that Pinky has legged it over to RAT and is waving Sand Amps in
their
faces!!

I suppose you've got to give the **** kudos for 'taking the fight to
the
enemy'...!!!

(I bet that's got all the scrotum-rubbers in a tiz!! :-)
**********

MORE ON UKRA's GUILT, FROM ITS OWN MOUTH AT:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/... 8d762a34479b

Please - don't drag this out across more than one newsgroup. It is a

waste
of effort on your part (even if it is fun!)

I'm not dragging Pinkerton's viciousness across th enewsgroups. The
crusade against RAT originated right here on UKRA, proof in Keith's
letter published above. I'm just bringing the bacon home where it
belongs.

It is always worth the effort of clipping the enemies of fidelity in
the ear.

and can only make you look
foolish eventually. It isn't worth it.

That presumes I care **** what anyone on UKRA thinks, Mick. I can't see
anyone here, except you, who has any brains or goodwill.

The point is that Pinkerton's belief in himself as the "great engineer"
depends on the view others hold of him. That is why I am making UKRA's
support for this tenth-rate flame merchant a cause of pain.

T same goes to you too, SP - lets please keep *one* area of sanity.

The
other side of the pond is obviously not the place!

Pinko doesn't care about rationality. He came to RAT to pick a flame
with me. I ignored him for five months to fix the disruption of my KISS
project firmly on his head. Poor little **** has been outmaneuvred by
me and now he is being patronized by Patrick Turner. I love it!

Mick
(no M$ software on here... :-) )
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Web: http://projectedsound.tk

Relax, Mick. Catch a giggle.

Andre Jute

Keith G

wrote in message
ups.com...

Keith G wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
Gentlemen and others on UKRA:

crap snipped
Give it a rest now - you're just making yourself look silly....

more drivel snipped

OK, make that *very* silly.....

To this evidence of his malice....
*******
A little birdie tells me....

Keith G
Dec 7 2004, 3:31 pm

.....that Pinky has legged it over to RAT and is waving Sand Amps in
their
faces!!

I suppose you've got to give the **** kudos for 'taking the fight to
the
enemy'...!!!

(I bet that's got all the scrotum-rubbers in a tiz!! :-)
**********

Keith G replies:
more drivel snipped

OK, make that *very* silly.....

Run, rabbit, run

MORE ON UKRA's GUILT, FROM ITS OWN MOUTH AT:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/... 8d762a34479b

Enjoy!

Andre Jute

mick

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:18:26 -0800, fiultra wrote:

snip

It appears that on UKRA they do care enough to make an issue of what
happens on RAT. Try this letter from one Keith G, a typical UKRA
pudding pull:

*******
A little birdie tells me....

Keith G
Dec 7 2004, 3:31 pm

....that Pinky has legged it over to RAT and is waving Sand Amps in
their
faces!!

I suppose you've got to give the **** kudos for 'taking the fight to
the
enemy'...!!!

(I bet that's got all the scrotum-rubbers in a tiz!! :-)
**********

Sorry Andre? Does that look like Pinky was *sent* or that he *went*?
We all know Pinky's arguments for sand-amps. Generally, I think, we tend
to either ignore them or just gently tease him along to keep him going! I
don't think anyone actually *sent* him to RAT (or even could), but he may
have become bored here and decided to go over there of his own accord.

snip

I'm not dragging Pinkerton's viciousness across th enewsgroups. The
crusade against RAT originated right here on UKRA, proof in Keith's
letter published above. I'm just bringing the bacon home where it
belongs.

Sorry, but that "proof in Keith's letter published above" reads more like
a report of what is(was) happening than a "crusade against RAT". Perhaps
you are getting a little jumpy.... ;-)

It is always worth the effort of clipping the enemies of fidelity in
the ear.

lol!

snip

Relax, Mick. Catch a giggle.

If I relax much more, I'll float out of the door....!
Cheers, Andre!

--
Mick
(no M$ software on here... :-) )

Eiron wrote:
Andre,

Is your anecdote true about the Rolex, the South American gaoler
and the firing squad? Does the watch still keep good time?

--
Eiron.

We'll swap tall stories and true stories when Pinko Presumptuous has
run away.

That watch not only worked but I kept it for another thirty years or so
to wear when I did woodwork, so as not to ruin a good watch when I had
the invevitable accident with hand and power tools. Recently I was so
horrified at what a jeweller charged to service a few Rolex, I got rid
of them. The other consideration was that too many undesirables claim
acquaintance with one on the ground of "also having a Rolex". That one
went to a friend who's about to cross Africa north to south, going into
places where a reliable watch is essential and one isn't likely to run
into poodlefakers.

If I were Pinko Presumptuous, I'd prpbably on the basis of that single
experience claim to be a master clockmaker, or something. But, having
humility, I'm just glad to be alive and to admit I know nothing of
watches except what I like.

I have never liked Rolex, though I admire their sturdiness. Only a
nouveau riche appears in a suit, or after six in the evening in
anything including his bathrobe, with on his arm a clunky piece of
agricultural machinery like a Rolex. You can bet your ass the nastiest
social-cimbing bullyboys on UKRA either own or aspire to Rolex. I've
never bought one in my life but people do insist on giving them to
prove they are seriously grateful for whatever you did for them. I also
won a Rolex as a prize at school. Back then nobody considered them
"luxury items" -- back then luxury meant something which made your life
easier rather than something which impressed the ignorant merely by its
price -- but merely as sturdy watches for sportsmen, farmers and
adventurers.

What I currently like is useful transistor watches in lightweight
cases. My current favourite everyday watches are the Citizen C300 grand
perpetual calendar and world timer in several ti versions (1), a
Ciclosport HAC4 heart rate monitor/bike computer/ski
computer/variometer/ect I wear for cycling, though today I'm wearing a
Patek full calendar with moonphase (time for me to go wolfie about
now--check the moon tables) and I also recently took out my alltime
favourite watch, an Eterna-Matic 3000, suitable for wearing with a suit
or a dinner jacket, utterly unobtrusive but a bit too elegant for my
everyday apparel of a track suit and paratroop boots, or even for the
khakis and a blazer I wear when I have to dress up for the opera or a
funeral.

Andre Jute

(1) A very useful watch for calculating valve amps with the circular
slide rule around the bezel when one is stuck in a dull concert. Only
Wednesday, on the road home from an exhibition of Rembrandt and
Mondriaan drawings, I settled a discussion of whether ISO paper sizes
are to the golden mean by calculating on the slide rule bezel of my
Blue Angels.

Keith G

wrote in message
oups.com...
To this evidence of his malice....
*******
A little birdie tells me....

Keith G
Dec 7 2004, 3:31 pm

....that Pinky has legged it over to RAT and is waving Sand Amps in
their
faces!!

I suppose you've got to give the **** kudos for 'taking the fight to
the
enemy'...!!!

(I bet that's got all the scrotum-rubbers in a tiz!! :-)
**********

Keith G replies:
more drivel snipped

OK, make that *very* silly.....

Run, rabbit, run

MORE ON UKRA's GUILT, FROM ITS OWN MOUTH AT:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/... 8d762a34479b

Enjoy!

Andre Jute

OK Andrew, you got my attention....

(Your reply hits my screen just 15 minutes after my post? - You got *no*
life at all??)

Idiots like you are not my problem. I actually unsubscribed all my
newsgroups to relieve ukra of the interminable squabbles with your mate
Pinky - my problem stemmed from all the creeps in ukra who seemed to be only
able to see *my* posts in the exchanges....

Now, for the benefit of all the eager onlookers (as Rule 1 - 'Never try to
reason with a nutter!' applies here...), let's see if we can put you right
on a couple of things:

First, where you're going wrong is, as self-elected Chief Scrotum Rubber,
you are demonstrating in *spades* that Pinky did in fact get you in a tiz,
as I stated in the post you are quoting! The more you struggle to try and
wipe his **** off your face, the worse you make yourself look. From what few
exchanges I did see it seemed quite clear to me that Pinky, despite
descending to his normal, if somewhat curious, 'you lying sack of ****'
'debating technique', countered all your silly accusations and arguments in
a rational and constructive manner. It also seemed to me he responded to all
questions with a reasoned answer and, if I remember correctly, supplied such
supporting evidence, facts and figures as the occasion demanded.

Second, no-one *sent* Pinky on his 'crusade' - I think you'll find the idea
was his alone and I doubt if you'll find anyone much in ukra (including me)
who give's a rat's one way or the other. You're the only one who banging on
(crossposted) relentlessly, proving how much he stung you up and just how
effective he has been.... :-)

Third, in case you have me down as one of the *sand amp* 'enemies of
fidelity' that prevail in ukra, it may (or may not - who cares?) interest
you to know that I own/use no less than TEN pieces of valve equipment myself
and the only SS amp I have is boxed up ready for sale (or eBaying)....

That's it - attention span's over now! If you wish to respond (oh and I bet
you will!! :-), give me a bit of notice so I can slide my trousers down,
then you can talk *directly* to my arse...

HTH, HAND etc.

LOL!!

mick wrote:
[...]

There's the rub, Mick. If people just read Keith's letter, they may
say, Well, Keith didn't send Pinko to RAT, Keith just loudly approved
of Pinko "taking the fight to the enemy" of the "scrotum-rubbers" on
RAT. That is of course already a very hostile attitude and act of
inciting the excitable Pinko Presumptuous. You can see how morally
reprehensible both Keith and Pinkerton are if you substitute for
another group of black kids. If Keith encouraged Pinko's natural racist
tendency in the manner above, he would be jailed for racial incitement.
It is thus easy to see Keith committed an incitement to a flame war.
Now the little slimeball is trying to sneer away his culpability.

Next, we have to ask: Did anyone on UKRA disassociate themselves from
Pinko's mission?

The answer is no. No-one had the decency to say, Why are we attacking
without any provocation a tube conference who did us no harm. Quite the
contrary, there was a sickening show of support and approval for
Keith's vicious incitement and Pinko's equally vicious mission. The
evidence of the leading men of UKRA being members of the hooded gang
urging Pinko to commit a crime, which I suggest you read, is he

MORE ON UKRA's GUILT, FROM ITS OWN MOUTH AT:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/... 8d762a34479b

snip

I'm not dragging Pinkerton's viciousness across th enewsgroups. The
crusade against RAT originated right here on UKRA, proof in Keith's
letter published above. I'm just bringing the bacon home where it
belongs.

Sorry, but that "proof in Keith's letter published above" reads more

like
a report of what is(was) happening than a "crusade against RAT".

Perhaps
you are getting a little jumpy.... ;-)

I have made the case for incitement more fully above. I don't
understand why you think I should be jumpy. I'm just swimming in the
tide of exaggerated presumption that Pinko and his fellow slimeballs on
UKRA are washing over us like sewerage. You can look up equivalent
earlier threads on the same theme of forcibly converting RAT.

It is always worth the effort of clipping the enemies of fidelity

in
the ear.

lol!

One wonders how many of these grimly humourless transistor slime will
get the pun.

snip

Relax, Mick. Catch a giggle.

If I relax much more, I'll float out of the door....!
Cheers, Andre!
Mick
(no M$ software on here... :-) )
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Web: http://projectedsound.tk

HoverMick!

Andre Jute

Hey, Keith, I give up at least two working hours to cleaning up your
Pinkerton mess, and you can't even get my name right? Besides
everything else, you are an ingrate.

But, since you are a tube ingrate, I suppose I had better forgive you.
Tomorrow I might make an attempt to sound gracious about it.

Andre Jute

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:08:03 -0000, "Keith G"
wrote:

"mick" wrote

Mr Fruit Loop's crap snipped again

Sorry Andre? Does that look like Pinky was *sent* or that he *went*?
We all know Pinky's arguments for sand-amps. Generally, I think, we tend
to either ignore them or just gently tease him along to keep him going!

Sssh!! :-)

(Actually it's not as effective as telling him CDs bleach all the soul out
of the music! ;-)

That's fightin' talk, dude! :-)

I do find vinyl both useful and decorative, however. Stick it in the
oven for a bit, fold it up just right round a bean tin, and it makes a
very pretty and appropriate music room flowerpot!

Sorry, but that "proof in Keith's letter published above" reads more like
a report of what is(was) happening than a "crusade against RAT". Perhaps
you are getting a little jumpy.... ;-)

'Senile' is more like the word I have in mind....

Also paranoid, mendacious, self-aggrandising, and possessor of Eire's
finest collection of sycophantic sockpuppets - presumably created
because he can't find any admirers in the *real* world.....

Comes of good Voortrekker stock though, directly descended from Baron
Munchausen.......................

Keith G

wrote:

"mick" wrote

Mr Fruit Loop's crap snipped again

Sorry Andre? Does that look like Pinky was *sent* or that he *went*?
We all know Pinky's arguments for sand-amps. Generally, I think, we tend
to either ignore them or just gently tease him along to keep him going!

Sssh!! :-)

(Actually it's not as effective as telling him CDs bleach all the soul out
of the music! ;-)

That's fightin' talk, dude! :-)

Concentrate your efforts on Mr Frooty Loops - he's got an *army* of
supporters (hasn't he??) you will need all your energy to stave him off
methinks! Or he will *destroy* us all.......!!! :-)))

(YHFT......!!!)

I do find vinyl both useful and decorative, however. Stick it in the
oven for a bit, fold it up just right round a bean tin, and it makes a
very pretty and appropriate music room flowerpot!

Yes, but not as truly useful as a CD - ask anyone with an allotment.....

;-)

Chris Morriss

In message , Stewart
Pinkerton writes
wrote:

[...]

(But only by proxy?)
--
Chris Morriss

Keith G

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey, Keith, I give up at least two working hours to cleaning up your
Pinkerton mess, and you can't even get my name right? Besides
everything else, you are an ingrate.

Nobody's perfect.....

But, since you are a tube ingrate, I suppose I had better forgive you.

Check me out he

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/

Tomorrow I might make an attempt to sound gracious about it.

OK Andrew, if you make a good enough job of it maybe I'll make the effort to
get your name right! ;-)

(Btw, it's *valves* over here OK....??)

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:04:20 +0000, Chris Morriss
wrote:

In message , Stewart
Pinkerton writes
On 25 Mar 2005 15:51:02 -0800, wrote:

Only
Wednesday, on the road home from an exhibition of Rembrandt and
Mondriaan drawings, I settled a discussion of whether ISO paper sizes
are to the golden mean by calculating on the slide rule bezel of my
Blue Angels.

The meanest intelligence would be aware that they are in the ratio of
1.414, not the Golden Mean of ~1.62, in order that each A size, when
cut in half along the long edge, becomes the next smaller A size.

My most accurate watch?Casio G-shock waveceptor, the radio-controlled
reference for setting the others. Favourite everyday watch in my small
collection? Toss up between the IWC Aquatimer 2000 in titanium, or the
Omega Seamaster GMT 'Anniversary Edition'. My 'best' watch?Toss up
between the 18k Zenith Elite hand-wound with power reserve, and the
'state of the mechanical art' Omega de Ville St Moritz with the new
3313 calibre, combining a newly-designed column-wheel chronograph with
the Daniels co-axial escapement.

No Rolexes - I outgrew them many years ago.

Hmm, I'm out of this one! I've not worn a watch for the last 20 years.

Ah, so you're a management consultant!

For those unfamiliar with that sub-species - a management consultant
is someone who, when asked what is the time, charges you five hundred
quid and asks to borrow your watch......................

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:40:42 -0000, "Keith G"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"mick" wrote

Mr Fruit Loop's crap snipped again

Sorry Andre? Does that look like Pinky was *sent* or that he *went*?
We all know Pinky's arguments for sand-amps. Generally, I think, we tend
to either ignore them or just gently tease him along to keep him going!

Sssh!! :-)

(Actually it's not as effective as telling him CDs bleach all the soul out
of the music! ;-)

That's fightin' talk, dude! :-)

Concentrate your efforts on Mr Frooty Loops - he's got an *army* of
supporters (hasn't he??) you will need all your energy to stave him off
methinks! Or he will *destroy* us all.......!!! :-)))

Trouble is, they're all clones of the demented old voortrekker, which
pretty much makes the case for banning human cloning........

(YHFT......!!!)

Indeed ya do!

I do find vinyl both useful and decorative, however. Stick it in the
oven for a bit, fold it up just right round a bean tin, and it makes a
very pretty and appropriate music room flowerpot!

Yes, but not as truly useful as a CD - ask anyone with an allotment.....

;-)

LOL! OK, ya got me on that one! :-)

Keith G

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote
My most accurate watch?Casio G-shock waveceptor, the radio-controlled
reference for setting the others. Favourite everyday watch in my small
collection? Toss up between the IWC Aquatimer 2000 in titanium, or the
Omega Seamaster GMT 'Anniversary Edition'. My 'best' watch?Toss up
between the 18k Zenith Elite hand-wound with power reserve, and the
'state of the mechanical art' Omega de Ville St Moritz with the new
3313 calibre, combining a newly-designed column-wheel chronograph with
the Daniels co-axial escapement.

No Rolexes - I outgrew them many years ago.

Hmm, I'm out of this one! I've not worn a watch for the last 20 years.

Ah, so you're a management consultant!

For those unfamiliar with that sub-species - a management consultant
is someone who, when asked what is the time, charges you five hundred
quid and asks to borrow your watch......................

:-)

Talking of watches - I got the Omega 'Seamaster' back from my brother that I
mentioned a while back:

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/watch01.jpg

Quite a shock - I was expecting a 'diver's watch' !!! (So what happened to
that one then?)

Thinnest thing you ever saw:

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/watch02.jpg

....but damn near useless - a bit too snug (even with the 'spare' links back
in) and I can't see the bloody hands half the time!

Reminds me I also gave my nephew a 'Constellation' now.......!!!

http://www.mercadolibre.com.ar/org-i...40938_9610.jpg

Andy Evans

Oh dear, it's 10.20. Need to go to the bank. Glad I put the washing in
the machine. Anyway, had a good night last night and slept well. Maybe
some tennis at 3 o'clock? surprising that Britain's favourite food is
still fish and chips. It was blue skies this morning but turning a bit
cloudy I fear. Oh dear - where are my socks, ah yes... should be time
to catch the bus now. Have to leave the post office until Tuesday. Are
the clocks going forward or back? Yes, definitely turning cloudy....

mick

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:16:08 +0000, Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

snip

I do find vinyl both useful and decorative, however. Stick it in the
oven for a bit, fold it up just right round a bean tin, and it makes a
very pretty and appropriate music room flowerpot!

snip

Corrected version:
I do find CDs both useful and decorative, however. Stick them in the
seed trays and the light hits the seedlings from all sides without
rotating the tray! They can also make very functional coasters and bird
scarers. Yes, CDs are vastly superior!

grin

--
Mick
(no M$ software on here... :-) )

Lord Valve, declining to join our shooting party, wrote:

Sorry, my current workload precludes my taking on an additional group

of ****wits.

The one on AGA is quite enough, thank you. And, the UK being
what it is, I'm sure there is no surfeit of clueless socialist twerps
with (shall we say) less than stellar technical chops.

So you too have noticed that technical nous in the netwittery declines
in direct proportion to anti-Americanism, anti-monetarism,
anti-capitalism, and to limousine liberalism by people who brag that
they're considering buying an Aston Martin.

Just for the sake of a sound argument, can I tempt you with the
observation (which I hold sincerely, honest!) that it is unfair that
brains on the net is so narrowly distributed, sometimes it seems only
to me and thee, as is again made manifest in these threads?

Or how about: I admire Prince Charles for being a determined outsider.

Andre Jute
Cyclist

Lord Valve wrote:
wrote:

Pinkerton is a posturing poodlefaker

Ahhh! Vintage Jute. ;-)

Next time you desk soldiers of UKRA want to declare war on RAT,

send
someone who at least has the wit to be entertaining while he flames

us.
Since you clearly have no one with the faintest glimmer, perhaps

you
should borrow Lord Valve from alt.guitar.amps or go get Arnie from
wherever. RAT is a first class newsgroup; we deserve to be flamed

by a
first class flame merchant, not some faintwitted tenth carbon copy.

Sorry, my current workload precludes my taking on an additional group

of ****wits.

The one on AGA is quite enough, thank you. And, the UK being
what it is, I'm sure there is no surfeit of clueless socialist twerps
with (shall we say) less than stellar technical chops. No, thank

you,
I'll remain on AGA (with an occasional foray into RAT for a Jute
fix) where several well-chosen words from me will often spawn a
thousand-post thread. I have a guy who is still crying over a
technical spanking I awarded him FIVE YEARS AGO - shades
of the Magnequest Mob - so I'm no stranger to the routine.

What, exactly, is it that they discuss on UKRA? Tapes of
their future king bemoaning the fact that he is not a tampon,
perhaps? Surely there is no music worth mentioning currently
produced in the UK...does the horse-faced wannabee tampon
fancier Camilla sing, perhaps? How sad.

"Carry on," I believe they say. Indeed.

Lord Valve
Expert

Haven't heard about Il Tamponcino lately. Hmmm.

Lord Valve wrote:
wrote:

[...]

You know too much, Van Helsing. ;-)

I saw vampires once. I was very ****ed off at this priest, who had been
in business school with me and should have known better, for wasting my
time on such mickey mouse vampires (to mix a metaphor and probably a
genus as well). They were real vampires, in that they sucked blood, but
they were *little* vampires. We flew all the way to Texas to see them
so I expected something bigger than flying leeches. They were bats that
didn't even fly. They just hopped around on the ground and bit cows in
the ankle to suck their blood. Quite spoiled the romance of vampires
for me... I laughed aloud in that Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt movie about a
vampire, unable to stop myself visualizing them as stunted bats hopping
around hoping to bite someone in the ankle. (Hell, the fruit bats where
I come from, that we used to shoot on the wing with .22s just for
practice, are bigger than those two actors, never mind bigger than
those vampire bats in Texas.)

Mind you, there's an analogy here with the scumball Pinkerton, a prime
case of Duck's Disease, hurling himself repeatedly against my ankles.
Maybe he's thirsty. But he really is such a mickey-mouser, such a
cackhanded, accident-prone, self-pitying inadequate, it is humiliating
not to have a better quality mouse to play with. My cat is threatening
to run away in shame.

Or how about: I admire Prince Charles for being a determined

outsider.

Gack!

LV

Andre

Andy Evans

In a village of La Mancha, the name of which I have no desire to
call to mind, there lived not long since one of those gentlemen that
keep a lance in the lance-rack, an old buckler, a lean hack, and a
greyhound for coursing. An olla of rather more beef than mutton, a
salad on most nights, scraps on Saturdays, lentils on Fridays, and a
pigeon or so extra on Sundays, made away with three-quarters of his
income. The rest of it went in a doublet of fine cloth and velvet
breeches and shoes to match for holidays, while on week-days he made a
brave figure in his best homespun.

Stewart Pinkerton

On 27 Mar 2005 00:50:42 -0800, "
wrote:

Mind you, there's an analogy here with the scumball Pinkerton, a prime
case of Duck's Disease, hurling himself repeatedly against my ankles.
Maybe he's thirsty. But he really is such a mickey-mouser, such a
cackhanded, accident-prone, self-pitying inadequate, it is humiliating
not to have a better quality mouse to play with. My cat is threatening
to run away in shame.

Dear me, such pathetic vitriol, looks like the sad Jute sack is
filling up with involuntary bowel movements.............

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:11:31 -0000, "Keith G"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote
[...]

As with the Rolex Oyster, the Omega Seamaster designation simply
refers to the fact that the watch is 'waterproof'. More serious diving
watches almost always have an actual depth rating marked on them,
typically 2-300M nowadays. My IWC Aquatimer is ludicrously overbuilt
at a rating of 2000M - yes, that's two thousand metres!

Thinnest thing you ever saw:

http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/show/watch02.jpg

...but damn near useless - a bit too snug (even with the 'spare' links back
in) and I can't see the bloody hands half the time!

Ah well - not Omega's fault that you're lardy! :-)

Reminds me I also gave my nephew a 'Constellation' now.......!!!

http://www.mercadolibre.com.ar/org-i...40938_9610.jpg

A classic design, destroyed IMHO in the new 'double eagle'
incarnation, where the chronograph version is just ludicrously
oversized, and the bracelet is almost Rolex-crude.