Fabio Berutti

Default 4 NOS NIB Mullard EL34 xf2 - worth 365$ ?

If You really want to blast some big $ and do want NOS EL34s, there should
be still some RFT-made Siemens hiding around, probably in German stores.
They cost a lot less than Mullards and are as good as any top quality German
product.
Try http://www.askjanfirst.de/eindex.htm as a start, or google around...
If You don't find 'em, just buy 4 Svetlanas or JJ. A good tube is a good
tube, period.

Good luck

Fabio

"Walther Mathieu" ha scritto nel messaggio
Sigh.

At least I missed ebay auction 5760413292 :

Matched quad EL34 Mullard 6CA7 NIB NOS

Matched quad EL34 made by Mullard
(Blackburn GB codes in the glass)
for RCA. Tubes have the XF2 codes and hole in centre pin.
Single O getter and all 4 have welded anodes.
4 the same production codes and matched 100%.

Would have been nice for my Radford STA-24MkIV, though.
Only the RCA label instead of a Mullard one, and _new_...

Dou you guys think these are worth 365 bucks?
Or would you recommend any other ones?

Cheers

Walther

Mike Mueller

I agree with Fabio. Siemens are a lot less expensive and sound ,imho, so
much better. You can find them at around $110.00 US on E-Bay
Mike M
cowboy

they apparently are worth $365

do you know a more accurate appraisal service than what people are actually
willing to pay (i.e. ebay)

"Walther Mathieu" wrote in message
Sigh.

At least I missed ebay auction 5760413292 :

Matched quad EL34 Mullard 6CA7 NIB NOS

Matched quad EL34 made by Mullard
(Blackburn GB codes in the glass)
for RCA. Tubes have the XF2 codes and hole in centre pin.
Single O getter and all 4 have welded anodes.
4 the same production codes and matched 100%.

Would have been nice for my Radford STA-24MkIV, though.
Only the RCA label instead of a Mullard one, and _new_...

Dou you guys think these are worth 365 bucks?
Or would you recommend any other ones?

Cheers

Walther

Andy Evans

Well - I have four reasonably matched Mullard EL34s in boxes, and I'll
sell them for a lot less than $365 if anybody wants to make me an
offer. Andy

Ronald

Hi Walther ,

Dou you guys think these are worth 365 bucks?

If you change from dollars back to normal toilet paper
you'll have 365 dollars in no time ;-)

Ronald .

Walther Mathieu

a new all time high for Mullard xf2 EL34 quad at ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=5764068384

gerrye123

Why was this and most of your other auctions Private Bidder? Aren't you
Heinz, collaborator with eBay scammer REALJAZZCAT, who also runs many
Private Bidder auctions? Hmmmm...

Gerry

"Walther Mathieu" wrote in message
a new all time high for Mullard xf2 EL34 quad at ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=5764068384

gerrye123

Correction and an apology to Walther. I realize now that this was not your
auction. However, the content of my message my explain the high price
(though I'm sure it's not a record if you go back far enough).

Gerry