CJS

Default Speaker-Level Inputs??

I was curious how to hook up an amp via speaker-level inputs? I dont need details because I can go through the manual when the amp
arrives. I was just curious how the wires are routed, speakers to amp, amp to headunit, how does it work?

The only amps I've ever owned have had RCA inputs. Now I'm adding a powered Bazooka tube AND an external amp for highs to a factory
headunit.

Thanks!

Taylor is cool

"CJS" wrote in message ...
I was curious how to hook up an amp via speaker-level inputs? I dont need details because I can go through the manual when the amp
arrives. I was just curious how the wires are routed, speakers to amp, amp to headunit, how does it work?

The only amps I've ever owned have had RCA inputs. Now I'm adding a powered Bazooka tube AND an external amp for highs to a factory
headunit.

Thanks!

Not all amps have high level inputs but if your does then all you do
is connect the speaker wire to the high level inputs just as you would
a speaker. RCA's are just fancy speaker wire(kinda). You could
theoretically cut and splice RCA's directly to conventional speaker
wire and it would work... theoretically of course. I would not
recommend this nor have I ever done it (yeah right). I guess all of
the pros are gonna flame over that one.